SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Every Monday Port City Daily will share upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, Feb. 6
Wilmington City Council is holding an agenda review meeting at 8:30 a.m. It’s being livestreamed here.
The Pender County Commissioners meet at 4 p.m. at Pender County Public Assembly Room, 805 S. Walker St. Meetings can be livestreamed here. A few items on the agenda include:
- • $399,981 for lease of sheriff’s office IT equipment for 60 months and a PO in the amount of $94,914 for year one
- Resolution approval for Pender Adult Services to submit grant application to the NC Department of Transportation for state funding for 5310-Enhanced Mobility of seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program in Fiscal Year 2022
The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet at 3 p.m at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia. The board will consider approving a resolution in support of state funding for a second parallel line from the Kings Bluff Pumping Station to the Lower Cape Fear Water and Sewer Authority system.
The Town of Topsail Beach will meet for a budget retreat at 9 a.m. at the Town Hall board chambers, 820 S. Anderson Blvd., Topsail Beach; access the agenda here. The video can be streamed here.
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners will meet at 4 p.m.at 24 North Third Street, Room 301. The meeting may be livestreamed via YouTube. A few items from the agenda include:
- Appointment of a Register of Deeds
- Consideration of an ordinance amendment that would impact people sleeping at the downtown library branch
- Consideration of the sale of 6.25 acres in the Blue Clay Business Park
The Town of Kure Beach will hold its annual retreat at 9 a.m. in council chambers, 117 Settlers Lane. The agenda can be viewed here.
Tuesday, Feb. 7
The Brunswick County Board of Education will meet at 6 p.m. at 1109 Old Ocean Highway in Bolivia. The meeting may be livestreamed. The board will consider its consent agenda and hold a closed session.
The Town of Topsail Beach parks and recreation will meet at 10 a.m. at the Town Hall board chambers, 820 S. Anderson Blvd., Topsail Beach; access the agenda here. The video can be streamed here.
The City of Wilmington council will meet at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall, Council Chambers – 102 North 3rd St., Wilmington. Meetings can be livestreamed here. A few items on the agenda include:
- Resolution for settlement agreement for a condemnation matter Related to the Pine Grove North intersection improvement project for $155,962.12. Read PCD’s previous coverage of the intersection project.
- Ordinance making supplemental appropriation of $155,625 from the North Carolina Public Beach and Waterfront Access Program administered by the Department of Environmental Quality, Division of Coastal Management to the Bradley Creek kayak launch project.
Bald Head Island will host an annual retreat on Feb. 7 at the public safety complex, 9 a.m. The agenda includes:
- Shoreline management update
- BHI Conservancy environmental contracts
- Duke Wind Energy lease agreement
The Wrightsville Beach Planning Board will meet at 5:30 p.m. at 321 Causeway Dr. The agenda includes electing a chair and vice chair, a text amendment, and discussion about open-space on the ad hoc committee.
The New Hanover County Board of Education will meet at 5 p.m. in the Board of Education Center at 1802 S. 15th St. in Wilmington. The meetings can be streamed on YouTube. The agenda includes:
- Student attendance and instruction during exams
- Policy 3620: Extracurricular activities and student organizations
- Policy 4720: Student surveys
Southport Board of Aldermen will hold an agenda review workshop at 9 a.m. at 113 E. Moore St. The agenda includes a memo on the wastewater expansion project, existing utility rates and right of way discussion, including violations and overview.
Wednesday, Feb. 8
The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority will meet at 9 a.m. at the Lucie Harrell Conference Room, 230 Government Center Dr. Videos of the meeting can be accessed here. Items on the agenda include:
- $1.5 million amendment for interlocal agreement (ILA) for design and construction of water and sewer extensions in certain parts of northern New Hanover County
- Audit services contract
- Executive director’s reports
The Town of N. Topsail Board of Aldermen will meet at 11 a.m. at Town Hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. An agenda was not posted by press. The meetings can be streamed here.
Navassa Planning Board meets at 6:30 p.m. at 338 Main St. in Navassa. There was no agenda posted by press.
The Town of Topsail Beach will hold a special meeting regarding parking and a financial advisor at 10 a.m. at the Town Hall board chambers, 820 S. Anderson Blvd., Topsail Beach; access the agenda here. The video can be streamed here.
The Wrightsville Beach Board of Aldermen is holding a special meeting at noon at WB Town Hall to hear an update from HDR Engineering consultants. The company has been conducting the feasibility study of the proposed merger of the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority with the Town’s water and sewer utility.
Thursday, Feb. 9
The City of Wilmington Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. in council chambers, 102 North 3rd St. Items on the agenda include new construction at 406 N 5th Avenue and installation of new windows at 116 N. 16th St.
The Village of Bald Head Island will hold a regular meeting at 1:30 p.m. at the Department of Public Safety Building in the multipurpose room, 273 Edward Teach Extension. The public can access it via Zoom. A few items on the agenda include:
- Update on houses under construction
- Budget amendment
- Council will go into closed session
Carolina Beach Planning and Zoning Commission will meet at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers, 1121 N. Lake Park Boulevard. An agenda was not posted by press.
Southport Board of Aldermen will hold a meeting at 223 E. Bay St., 6 p.m. The agenda includes kayak launch grant acceptance, public hearing on Animal Welfare Ordinance, recommendation from the planning board regarding a Sunny Point property. Meetings can be livestreamed here.
The Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Board will hold a special meeting at 9 a.m. to amend its adopted meeting schedule. It will be livestreamed via Zoom. It also will be available audio conference by entering the following dial-in numbers: either 646-931-3860 or 301 715-8592, and, when prompted, meeting ID: 828 8821 9723.
The North Topsail Beach Planning Board will meet at 5 p.m. at town hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. The agenda includes a review of the town’s new fire station plans.
Friday, Feb. 10
Surf City Planning Board will meet 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at 214 W Florence Way in the Surf City Municipal Complex. A items on the agenda include a rezoning of of Applewood Trace and an update on general projects.
Have comments or tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to read more from PCD? Subscribe now and then sign up for our newsletter, Wilmington Wire, and get the headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.