Every Monday Port City Daily shares upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, May 23
The Pender County Board of Commissioners will hold a budget session at 4 p.m. at 805 S. Walker St. in Burgaw.
The Town of Kure Beach council will meet at 6 p.m. in the council chambers, 117 Settlers Ln. The agenda includes:
- Information on bringing the Fantasy Christmas Show back after it was canceled last year
- An update on the American Rescue Plan Act funds
- The final draft of the Kure Beach Bike and Pedestrian plan
- A discussion of boardwalk repairs
- A $10,508 budget amendment to give salary increases through the rest of fiscal year 2022
The Southport Planning Board Indigo Traffic Review Sub-Committee meets at 3 p.m. in the Indian Trail Meeting Hall, 113 W, Moore St.
The Town of North Topsail Beach Board of Aldermen will hold a public hearing on the fiscal year 2022-2023 budget at 6 p.m. at Town Hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. The meeting can be livestreamed on the town’s website.
Tuesday, May 24
- Update on the Leland 2045 plan
- Application to subdivide 26 acres off of Westgate Drive to create 254 townhome lots
- Application to subdivide 32 acres into 212 townhouse lots along Buckeye Road Northeast
- Recommendation to zone 10 acres off Town Creek Road, if annexed into the town, as medium-density residential
- Recommendation to zone 13 acres off N.C. Highway 133, near the intersection Mallory Creek Plantation, as multi-family, if annexed
- Recommendation to zone 1 acre off of U.S. Highway 17, near the Grandiflora Drive intersection, as multi-family, if annexed
The City of Southport Board of Adjustment meets at 6 p.m. at the Indian Trail Meeting Hall, 113 W. Moore St. It will hold a public hearing for an accessory dwelling special use permit at 2010 Robert Ruark Dr.
The Town of Carolina Beach will hold a council workshop at 9 a.m. at council chambers, 1121 N. Lake Park Blvd. Meetings can be livestreamed here. The agenda has three items: Employee recognition, the manager’s budget message, and a revision to the operations committee mission.
The Pender County Board of Education will meet for a special-called meeting at 3 p.m. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss and address human resources recommendations and bus leases to the Pender County Parks and Rec.
Wednesday, May 25
The New Hanover County Airport Authority and New Hanover County Board of Commissioners will host a joint meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the executive conference room, ILM airport terminal located at 1740 Airport Blvd. The airport authority will present its annual report to commissioners.
The Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Board will meet at 3 p.m. in the sixth-floor conference room of 320 Chestnut St. The meeting can be livestreamed via Zoom. A few items on the agenda include:
- An amendment to WMPO’s fiscal year 2023 transportation to incorporate federal funds
- Adoption of a model policy for Wilmington-area employers to guide regulations and expectations surrounding alternative commuting or work-from-home schedules intended to reduce traffic on the roads
The New Hanover County Tourism Development Authority board will meet at 5 p.m. in the River Room of the office building for the Wilmington and Beaches CVB/Wilmington Chamber of Commerce, 1 Estell Lee Pl. The public is welcome. The agenda includes an update from ILM’s director Jeffrey Bourk and a budget presentation.
Thursday, May 26
The New Hanover County Board of Elections will meet at 2 p.m. in the Longleaf Room at the Board of Elections Office, 1241 A Military Cutoff Rd. in Wilmington to conduct sample audit counts and review and count supplemental absentee and provisional ballots. Instructions to tune in remotely are here.
The Cape Fear Community College Board of Trustees will meet at 5 p.m. at Union Station, 502 N. Front St. in Wilmington.
The New Hanover County ABC Board will meet for a rescheduled meeting at 9 a.m. at the general office, 6009 Market St.
Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority meets at 12:30 p.m. at Forden Station, 505 Cando St. People can listen in by calling 312-757-3121 (Access Code: 844-936-749). Instructions for watching virtually are available here under public notices.
The Topsail Island Shoreline Protection Commission will meet at 2 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way. The agenda and a link to the meeting video will be available on the TISPC homepage.
The North Carolina State Ports Authority board will meet at 9 a.m. in the board room of the N.C. Maritime Building, 2202 Burnett Blvd. The public is welcome to join in person.
Cape Fear Community College Board of Trustees will meet May 26 at 5 p.m. in Union Station, 502 N. Front St. Meetings are livestreamed here.
Friday, May 27
The New Hanover County Board of Elections will meet at 11 a.m. in the Longleaf Room at the Board of Elections Office, 1241 A Military Cutoff Rd. in Wilmington, to conduct the county canvass of election results. Instructions to tune in remotely are here.
The Wilmington City Council will hold a budget work session at 8:30 a.m. in city council chamber at City Hall, 102 N. 3rd St. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube. Read more about the proposed fiscal year 2023 budget here.
Have tips or comments? Email email@example.com