A news story isn’t finished after it gets reported – often, that’s just the beginning of the conversation.
Here are five stories from this week that got people talking:
- President Trump recently issued an executive order to begin opening Atlantic Coastal waters for oil and gas drilling. With just days left in the public comment period, we checked in on the struggle between finding new energy sources and protecting the environment.
- A 22-year-old man was sentenced this week for a shoot-out with police in Carolina Beach last year. We took a look back at what happened – and how things came to being much worse.
- Golf carts are a popular part of the Carolina Beach lifestyle – for some. When the town proposed new regulations, people on both sides of the issue spoke out.
- When Chemours agreed to stop dumping GenX in the Cape Fear River, it felt like a victory. But what happens to the chemical now? We found out.
- We heard the story of Davey Bartlett, a Wilmington man who depends on his aging handicapped-accessible van for pretty much everything. Now the van is falling apart, and even be dangerous. But help is on the way.