NEW HANOVER COUNTY—With so many Azalea-related happenings, it can be hard to keep track of what to do and when you can do it.
Below we’ve compiled a list of events sponsored by the 2018 North Carolina Azalea Festival.
Wednesday, April 11
3-4:30 p.m. —The Queen’s Coronation will take place downtown Wilmington. The Azalea Festival Queen will be officially crowned at 5 North Water Street. The event and meet and greet will be free to attend.
Thursday, April 12
7 p.m. —Billy Currington with Drake White and the Big Fire and Kenton Bryant will take place at the Azalea Festival Main Stage. Tickets for $45 are available online.
Friday, April 13
Saturday, April 14
Sunday, April 15
- Cape Fear Garden Club Azalea Tour — From 8:30 a.m. April 13 through April 15, the Azalea Garden Tour will tour distinguished gardens in the area. A full garden tour map is available online. Tickets are $25.
- The North Carolina Azalea Festival Home Tour will feature 11 distinguished homes in the area. To preview an interesting home that will be on this year’s lineup, check out this week’s Where We Live. Tickets are available before April 13 for $30 and after for $35.
- The Waterfront Street Fair will kick off Friday, April 13, at noon. Street fair happenings will continue through late Sunday afternoon. The street fair will include over 250 vendors and is free of charge to attend. It will include
- A Boxing Tournament will take place Saturday and Sunday featuring boxers from military branches and national and international levels of competition. It is free to attend and will take place at the Wilmington Convention Center.
- More than 30 dealers will be available at the weekend-long Coin Show. It is free to attend and will take place at the Elks Lodge.
Johanna Ferebee can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or @j__ferebee on Twitter