WILMINGTON—The outdoor summer concert series that has been a staple in downtown Wilmington is set to return for its 13th year.
At the 2018 Downtown Sundown summer concert series, you can catch some of your favorite tunes for free. This year’s lineup includes 15 cover bands to last throughout the summer.
The summer series is produced by Wilmington Downtown Incorporated and kicks off Friday, May 25. Every Friday, the free live music will be played between the Riverwalk and the Federal Courthouse through August 31.
A local band will open for the selected cover bands at every show. The family-friendly shows will run from 6:30 to 10 p.m. According to Wilmington Downtown Incorporated’s website, the series attracted over 26,000 people to Wilmington’s Riverfront last year.
For concert-goers who wish to purchase alcohol, wristbands are available for $1. Alcohol sales to those with wristbands begin at 6:30 and end at 9:30 p.m.
Opening acts will begin at 6:30 and headliners will take the stage at 8 p.m. Parking is available in any of Wilmington’s downtown public parking decks.
- May 25 42 – Coldplay tribute band
- June 1 Red Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin tribute band
- June 8 Hey Johnny Park – Foo Fighters tribute band
- June 15 Tuesday’s Gone – Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band
- June 22 The Core – Eric Clapton tribute band
- June 29 20 Ride – Zac Brown Band tribute band
- July 6 Wrong Way – Sublime tribute band
- July 13 Departure – Journey tribute band
- July 20 Funky Monks – Red Hot Chili Peppers tribute
- July 27 Breakfast Club – 80s cover band
- Aug. 3 Shoot to Thrill – AC/DC tribute band
- Aug. 10 The Wildflowers – Tom Petty tribute band
- Aug. 17 Skydog – The Allman Brothers Band tribute band
- Aug. 24 Abbey Road Live – The Beatles tribute band
- Aug. 31 Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones tribute band
For more information on the Downtown Sundown 2018 summer concert series, visit Wilmington Downtown Incorporated.