SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Every Monday Port City Daily will share upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, March 27
The Topsail Beach Planning Board will meet at 10 a.m. at the Topsail Assembly Building, 720 Channel Blvd. The agenda includes consideration of Todd Olson’s rezoning application for 30 acres on the southernmost undeveloped point of Topsail to build 7 dwellings. Read PCD coverage here.
The Belville Board of Commissioners will meet at 6:30 p.m. in commissioner chambers at 63 River Road. The agenda includes:
- Update on the Belville Riverwalk Project
- Public hearing on action upon proposed text amendments to the zoning ordinance Article 3: Definition of Terms; Article 6: Zoning Districts, Permitted Uses & Dimensional Requirements; Article 6: General Dimensional, Use and Structure Regulations regarding Recreational Vehicle Parks & Campgrounds.
Tuesday, March 28
The Carolina Beach Town Council will hold a workshop at 9 a.m. in council chambers at 1121 N. Lake Park Blvd. Meetings can be livestreamed here. The agenda includes:
- Beach services discussion
- Capital improvement financial planning model presentation
The Wilmington Housing Authority Community Outreach and Resident Services Committee will meet at 3 p.m. at Rankin Terrace Place, 415 N. 12th St.
The Southport Board of Aldermen will hold a special meeting at 1:30 p.m. at the Southport Community Building, located at 223 E. Bay St. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss some of the proposed legislation, how it would impact Southport, and also determine the best actions for the board based on the proposed legislation. There will be no public comment period.
The Bald Head Island Planning Board will hold a special meeting at 10 a.m. in the multipurpose room of the Department of Public Safety Building located at 273 Edward Teach Extension. The meeting can be livestreamed here. The agenda includes:
- Update on Commercial Area Master Plan/existing commercial site plan analysis
- Subdivide upland portion of Parcel ID 260JA006
- Subdivide a portion of Parcel ID 2600005 into two new parcels labeled on preliminary plat as QM-4 and QM-4A
- Blueprint Brunswick 2040
The Leland Planning Board will meet at 6 p.m. at town hall, 102 Town Hall Drive; it can be livestreamed here. On the agenda is the voluntary annexation of 20.35-acres along Chappell Loop Road, east of U.S. Highway 17. It’s undeveloped and zoned medium density residential. If annexed, there is a proposal to change its zoning to multifamily and conservation district. Also on the agenda, a discussion about regulations for tree retention and planting requirements and proposed text amendment.
The Town of Burgaw is hosting a public feedback session on a proposed mural ordinance at 5:30 p.m. at the Burgaw Train Depot; everyone is welcome. The town opened a survey last week, which can be accessed here and filled out through Monday, March 27, 5 p.m. Read more from PCD coverage here.
Wednesday, March 29
- A presentation from Wave Transit on ridership
- A resolution approving the fiscal year 2024 unified planning work program
- A resolution requesting NCDOT explore alternative design options for improvements at the intersection of College Road and Oleander Drive. Read PCD coverage here.
The New Hanover County Board of Adjustment will meet at 5 p.m. at 230 Government Drive, Suite 110.
Thursday, March 30
Topsail Beach Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing at 5 p.m. at town hall, 820 S. Anderson Blvd. Commissioners will hear feedback on plans for expanding paid parking. Read PCD coverage here.
The Wilmington Housing Authority Finance and Development Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. at WHA’s main office, 1524 S. 16th St.
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners will hold a budget work session in the Harrell Conference Room, 230 Government Drive. Due to an equipment move, the meeting will not be livestreamed but the recording will be available to watch on NHC’s website and on NHCTV the following day. The public may also attend in person.
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners will hold an agenda review at 4 p.m. in the Government Center Conference Room 601, 230 Government Drive.
The Southport Board of Aldermen will hold a special joint board workshop with the planning board at 6 p.m. at the Southport Community Building located at 223 E. Bay St. The two boards will undergo training with the city attorney, topics including:
- Making decisions based on the city’s ordinances, and North Carolina laws
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Ethics for each board
- Interacting with other boards, citizens and staff
- Administrative vs. legislative vs. advisory decisions
Friday, March 31
The Wilmington City Council will hold a budget retreat at 8:30 a.m. in council chambers at city hall, 103 N. Third St. Meetings can be livestreamed here.
The Brunswick County Board of Education will hold a budget work session 9 a.m. in the board room of the Brunswick County Schools Administrative Offices located at 35 Referendum Drive, in Bolivia. The meeting can be livestreamed here. An agenda was not posted as of press.
Tips or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.