SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Every Monday Port City Daily will share upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, Jan. 30
The Town of North Topsail Beach Board of Adjustment will meet at 5:30 p.m. at town hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. The purpose of the meeting is to hear and decide Case #V-23-01, a variance request by Paramounte Engineering, Inc. on behalf of the Town of North Topsail Beach to allow for construction of Fire Station 2 at 3304 Gray St.
The Wilmington City Council will hold its second of four budget work sessions at 8:30 a.m. at city hall, 102 N. Third St. The meeting can be livestreamed via GTV8 and YouTube.
Tuesday, Jan. 31
The Wilmington Housing Authority Community Outreach and Resident Services Committee will meet at 3 p.m. at Houston Moore, 1601 S. 13th St.
The New Hanover County Board of Education will hold a special meeting at 1 p.m. in the Board of Education Center at 1802 S. 15th St. in Wilmington to discuss the 2023-2024 calendar. Read coverage from PCD here. The meetings can be streamed on YouTube. The agenda can be viewed here. Thereafter at 2 p.m. it will hold an agenda review to discuss items that will be broached at the regular meeting. The meetings can be streamed on YouTube. The agenda can be viewed here.
The Town of Oak Island will meet at 9 a.m. at 4601 East Oak Island Drive. Meetings are live streamed here. The agenda includes:
- Budget insights
- Council priorities review
Wednesday, Feb. 1
The Surf City Tourism, Promotion, and Special Events Subcommittee will meet at 1:20 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way.
The Surf City Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Advisory Committee will meet at 3 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way.
The Town of Burgaw Beautification Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
The Wilmington Planning Commission will meet at 6 p.m. at city hall, 102 N. 3rd St. The meeting can be livestreamed on GTV8 and YouTube. The agenda includes:
- A conditional rezoning for 2.36 acres at 2307, 2311, 2315 and 2317 Market St. from office and institutional and community business to office and institutional for a proposed religious assembly usage
- A conditional rezoning for 9.76 acres at 111 Warehouse Lane, 3902 Market St., and 3804 Market St. to modify the bounds of an existing multiple-family residential medium-high density district with 192 units
- A general rezoning on 0.33 acres at 3804 Market St. from multiple-family residential to office and institutional
- A general rezoning of 1.05 acres at 2722 Carolina Beach Road from regional business conditional to regional business
The North Topsail Board of Aldermen will meet at 4 p.m. at town hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. A few items on the agenda include:
- An audit report
- A coastal engineer update
- A resolution to provide clarification to the Board of Elections on the 2023 election after the results of the local bill 2021-49 and the resignations and appointments of two aldermen positions.
The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority finance committee meets at 9 a.m. in the IT Conference Room, 235 Government Center Dr. On the agenda is an amendment to the $1,534,000 contract with McKim and Creed for the Northern New Hanover County Water and Sewer Main Project. See the agenda here. After the meeting, the executive committee will convene at 10 a.m. for the executive director’s report.
The New Hanover County Airport Authority will meet in the ILM Executive Conference Room at 5 p.m. The agenda includes welcoming new commissioner Leann Pierce as board member, as well as a director’s report and new business. See the agenda here.
Thursday, Feb. 2
The Wilmington Housing Authority Finance and Development Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. at the WHA main office, 1524 S. 16th St.
The Town of Burgaw Tourism Development Authority will meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
The Southport Planning Board Review Committee will hold a special meeting at 4:30 p.m. in the Nash Street Fire Substation at 111 E. Nash Street to review the Shoppes at Dutchman Village on J. Swain Blvd.
The New Hanover County Planning Board will meet at 6 p.m. at 24 North Third St. The board will consider five rezoning requests, according to the agenda:
- Land totaling 3.83 acres located at 6830 and 6844 Carolina Beach Rd. to be rezoned to a mxi of moderate high density and commercial.
- Two unaddressed parcels totaling 104 acres located between Castle Hayne and Blue Clay roads south of I-140 from R-20 residential to R-7 residential moderate density.
- Land totaling 42.1 acres including 5741 Carolina Beach Rd. and 18 unaddressed parcels on Shiloh Drive, north of Manassas Drive, from R-15 residential to R-5 Moderate High Density
- Land totaling 13.94 acres located at 6900 Carolina Beach Road from a mix of zoning classifications to multi-family and regional business.
- Land totaling 1.7 acres at 4629 Carolina Beach Road to commercial zoning district B-2 to convert a single-family home to office space.
Have comments or tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to read more from PCD? Subscribe now and then sign up for our newsletter, Wilmington Wire, and get the headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.