SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Every Monday Port City Daily will share upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, August 15
- The appointment of current vacant commissioner seat 1 to Jimmy Tate
- Conceptual designs for the new Health and Human Services facility. Read PCD coverage here.
- Consideration of grant agreement for streamflow rehabilitation assistance program (StRAP)
- Approval of surplus property for auction for Country Court Apartments on U.S. 421
The Town of Kure Beach will meet at 6 p.m. at 117 Settlers Ln. Items on the agenda include:
- Approve street closings for fall events
- Approve purchase of a garbage truck for $332,000
- Approve proposed text amendment allowing dogs on the beach (read PCD coverage here)
Tuesday, August 16
The Surf City Tourism, Promotions and Special Events Subcommittee will meet at 1:30 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way.
The Surf City Beautification and Enhancement Committee will meet at 4:30 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way.
- A resolution to award a contract to 4 Seasons Demolition for 1110 Castle St. in the amount of $168,700. Read PCD coverage here.
- An ordinance to appropriate $40,000 for the creation of the WPD Law Enforcement Museum at police headquarters
- Resolution authorizing an agreement with Wireless Research Center of N.C. for $2.5 million in ARPA funds for the creation of DigitalBridge Wilmington. Read PCD coverage here.
The Burgaw Police Advisory Board will meet at 5:30 p.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
The Town of Oak Island will meet at 6 p.m. at Oak Island Town Hall, 4601 Oak Island Dr. Items on the agenda include:
- Approve contract with Moffatt & Nichol for proposed beach management plan
- Approve resolution requesting NC Department of Transportation accept a portion of Airport Road
- Consideration of amending “Sec. 14-63 – Noise – Specific” prohibitions
The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners meet at 6 p.m. at 30 Government Center Dr. in Bolivia. Items on the agenda include:
- Appropriate proceeds from GO Debt of $45,815,000 and $5,869,432 of bond premium to the 2016 Bond Referendum Phase 3 project
- Request commissioners approve and award approximately $715,000 per year for removal and disposal of biosolids from the Brunswick County Wastewater Treatment Facilities to EMA Resources Inc.
- Trillium’s annual report presentation
New Hanover County Board of Education will have a special meeting at 1805 S. 13th St., 5 p.m.
Wednesday, August 17
- A request for Project Grace for adjustments for driveway construction varying from the city’s technical standards. Read the latest PCD coverage on Project Grace here.
- A request for a waiver for the length of a private driveway for a proposed residential project located at 2916 Market Street and 14 Wayne Dr.
- An appeal by Wyndwater developer for a denial of its master development plan revision. Read PCD coverage of the decision here.
The Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Technical Coordinating Committee will meet at 10 a.m. in the 4th floor conference room at 305 Chestnut St. The meeting can be livestreamed on Zoom. The agenda includes:
- A presentation on WMPO’s direct attributable funding call for projects
- Discussion on the revised 2024-2033 STIP. Read PCD coverage here.
- A presentation about the Navassa Collector Street Plan
The Burgaw Beautification Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
Thursday, August 18
The Topsail Beach Beach Inlet Sound Committee will meet at 2 p.m. at town hall, 820 S. Anderson Blvd. The meeting can be livestreamed on the town website.
- A request to install riprap at 7719 Masonboro Sound Road
- A variance to the allowable distance from the building for a wall sign for a property in the Light Industrial district at 111 Shipyard Blvd.
- BOA Annual Report FY 21-22
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners will hold a work session on the western bank development at 2 p.m. at the New Hanover County Government Center, 230 Government Dr. The meeting can be livstreamed at Spectrum Cable channel 13, NHCTV.com and YouTube. The purpose is to discuss and determine next steps on desired future land uses for the western bank of the Cape Fear River.
The New Hanover County Non-County Agency Funding Committee will meet at 9 a.m. at the New Hanover County Government Center, 230 Government Center Dr. The committee will discuss the non-county agency funding for fiscal year 2022-2023.
The Burgaw Planning and Zoning Board will meet at 5:30 p.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
The Town of Navassa will meet at 7:30 p.m. at 334 Main St. An agenda was not posted as of press.
Town of Leland will meet at 1 p.m. at Town Hall, 102 Town Hall Dr. Items on the agenda include:
- Resolution approving Town of Leland to join the American Flood coalition
- Authorizing application to the Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization for $666,623 for Surface Transportation Block Grant Program — direct attributable funds for a US Highway 17 Pedestrian Crossing and 300′ of sidewalk
- Authorizing town manager to execute an agreement for purchase of real property for the acquisition of an approximately 83.04-acre part of Brunswick County tax parcel No. 0290009503
Friday, August 19
The Surf City Town Council will hold a council work session at 9 a.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube.
Tips or comments? Email email@example.com.