Monday, August 1
- A public hearing regarding the school bond referendum. Read PCD coverage here and here.
- Discussion about Pender Memorial Hospital operations lease
- New appointments to local boards and committees
- Recognition of National Association of Counties Achievement Awards for Innovation
- A public hearing on a request to close an undeveloped right-of-way on Blue Clay Road
- Public hearing for the Stoneybrook Road and Bedrock Court improvement project
The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners meets at 3 p.m. for its regular meeting in the commissioner’s chambers at 30 Government Center Dr. The agenda includes:
- Request to consider approving a resolution asking NCDOT to provide economic development funding for a left turn lane on US74/76 W. at the NC International Logistics Park.
- Request to approve the renewal of the funded agency agreement between Brunswick County and the non-profit agency Brunswick Family Assistance
- Request to approve one of the Revenue Replacement Projects, part of the overall American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) implementation; “Radio Upgrades” is the overhaul of radios used by the sheriff’s office, emergency management, and health department and includes more than 500 radios at a value of $3,156,810.76.
Tuesday, August 2
- A public hearing for a request for approval of a limited subdivision on Edens Lane
- A presentation from the Cape Fear Council of Governments
- A public hearing for annexation of two parcels into Surf City town limits
- A public hearing for a zoning text amendment
The Topsail Beach Parks and Recreation Committee will meet at 10 a.m. at town hall, 820 S. Anderson Blvd. The meeting can be livestreamed on its website.
- Ordinance accepting a $40,000 grant from the ABC Board for the purchase of eBikes, maintenance equipment and video production
- Resolution to apply funding from a WMPO grant for $2 million for the installation of two traffic signals on South 3rd St. Read PCD coverage here.
- Resolution to authorize 5 WPD officers to assume responsibility for ABC law enforcement from the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge to the Isabel Holmes Bridge and from 5th Street to the Cape Fear River
The Southport Board of Alderman will hold a special meeting at 10 a.m. in the Southport Community Building, 223 East Bay St. Members will discuss potential USDA grant/loan funding for sewer replacement on the west side of Southport. The meeting can be livestreamed on the town’s website.
The New Hanover County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at 5 p.m. at the Board of Education Center, 1805 S. 13th St. The meetings are live streamed here. The agenda includes:
- Discussion on instructional framework
- Discussion on update to social studies curriculum
- Discussion on local salary schedules for fiscal year 2022-2023
- Amendments to Title IX policies
The Brunswick County Board of Education will hold a regular meeting at 6 p.m. in the conference room of the Center of Applied Sciences and Technology at 1109 Old Ocean Hwy, Bolivia, NC. The meeting can be livestreamed here. The agenda includes:
- Multiple consent items for approval, including Coastal Horizons Day Treatment MOU renewal and school nurse funding initiative contract
- State requirement of mask renewal
The Belville Planning Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. in town hall chambers, 63 River Road. The agenda includes a public hearing on the text amendments to Article 9 – review and approval procedures.
The Wilmington Housing Authority Board of Commissioners will meet at 4 p.m. at Rankin Place Terrace, 415 N. 12th St. The Housing and Economic Opportunities Board of Directors will meet after, followed by the Glover Plaza Board of Directors.
Wednesday, August 3
The Southport Board of Alderman will hold a special meeting at 6 p.m. in the Southport Community Building, 223 East Bay St. This meeting is to give the public an opportunity to voice concerns or ask questions about Project Indigo Phase 2. The meeting can be livestreamed on the town’s website. Catch up on PCD coverage here.
The Town of North Topsail Beach Board of Aldermen will meet at 11 a.m. at town hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. The meeting can be livestreamed on its website. An agenda was not posted by press.
The New Hanover County Airport Authority will meet at 5 p.m. on the second floor of the terminal building, 1740 Airport Blvd. in Wilmington. The agenda includes:
- Approval of a $250,000 contract to install new IT architecture
- Approval of Edgewater amendment
- Approval of a 20-year land lease for an airside hangar with Eshelman Ventures LLC
- A conditional rezoning of 2.76 acres on Military Cutoff Road to allow for two office buildings totaling 21,200 square feet
- A conditional rezoning of 0.84 acres at 271 Kerr Avenue and 4515 Greenway Avenue for a 4-lot duplex development
- A conditional rezoning for 1.57 acres at 206 and 208 N. Kerr Avenue for a 3-lot townhome development with 15 units
- A rezoning of property at 3939 Carolina Beach Rd. to high-density multiple-dwelling residential district
The Town of Burgaw Beautification Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
Thursday, August 4
The Town of Burgaw Tourism Development Authority will meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
Tips or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.