SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — In preparation for the holiday weekend, the Wilmington Police Department traffic unit conducted a multi-agency checking station Friday night on Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway.
A total of 79 charges were issued, including DWIs, and seven warrants were served.
Also assisting was the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, Pender County Sheriff’s Office, Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office, Jacksonville Police Department and the North Carolina Highway Patrol.
The mission, named Operation Firecracker, was part of North Carolina’s “Booze It and Lose It” campaign, launched in 1994 to combat drunk driving. Law enforcement utilized the Breath Alcohol Testing mobile, equipped with tools necessary to perform alcohol and sobriety tests, as well as necessary forms to process drivers arrested with an impaired driving offense. It even has office space for a magistrate.
- DWI – 7
- DWI under 21- 2
- Aid and Abet DWI – 2
- No Operators License – 11
- Driving While License Revoked – 6
- Expired Registration – 12
- Expired Inspection – 7
- Child Restraint Violation – 2
- Seat Belt Violation – 6
- Window Tint – 1
- No insurance – 3
- Improper Muffler – 1
- Open Container – 5
- Possess Sch VI – 5
- Felony Possess Sch VI – 2
- Possess Drug Paraphernalia – 3
- Possess with Intent to Sell and Deliver Sch VI – 1
- Maintain a Vehicle for Controlled Substance – 1
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon: 2
Have comments or tips? Email email@example.com.