Monday, Mar. 21
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners is meeting at 4 p.m. in the historic courthouse, 24 North Third St. The meeting is livestreamed here. Items on the agenda include:
- A proclamation recognizing “North Carolina Azalea Festival Season” from Apr. 6 to 10
- A potential contribution of $165,793 for the Wilmington Multi-modal Transportation Center project after the lowest bidder on the project came in $600,000 over budget (Read more here.)
- Consideration of a quarter-cent sales tax referendum that would go on the Nov. 7 ballot to benefit public transportation, specifically Wave Transit (Read more here.)
- An update on the county’s spending plan for its $45.5-million allocation from the American Rescue Plan Act
The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners meets at 6 p.m. on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building, 30 Government Center Dr. in Bolivia. The agenda includes:
- A memorandum of understanding with the Town of Shallotte to facilitate a water utility consolidation study
- Consideration of a new ambulance franchise agreement for American Ambulance, LLC to provide nonemergency medical transports within Brunswick County
- Consideration of engaging a consultant to develop a new Emergency Operations Plan
- A resolution requesting funds for a $54-million, 10-mile parallel raw water line serving Brunswick, Pender, and New Hanover counties (Read more here.)
The Belville Board of Commissioners meets at 6:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Chamber, 63 River Rd. The agenda includes an update on the Brunswick Riverwalk Project and a resolution commemorating the Town of Belville’s 44th Birthday.
The Town of Kure Beach Town Council will meet at 6 p.m.at Town Hall, 117 Settlers Lane. The agenda includes:
- Presentation of the Master Bike/Ped Plan
- Approval of the purchase of beach signs for shoreline access and beach protection
- Interview applicants for the vacant town council position
The Town of Southport Beautification Committee meets at, 5 p.m. at the Indian Trail Meeting Hall, 113 W. Moore St.
Tuesday, Mar. 22
The Brunswick County Board of Education will hold a series of consecutive meetings, starting at 1 p.m., including:
- Operations committee
- Curriculum and policy committee
- Budget work session
The meetings will take place in the board room of the Brunswick County Schools Administrative Offices, located at 35 Referendum Dr. in Bolivia.
The Town of Carolina Beach will have a workshop session starting at 9 a.m. in council chambers, 1121 N. Lake Park Blvd. Access to public meetings online can be found here. The agenda includes:
- Public hearing on nonprofit funding
- Presentations by Wave Transit and WMPO
- Developing a model for hindcasting chronic flooding and real-time flood sensor network on Canal Drive
The Town of North Topsail Beach’s Beach, Inlet and Sound Advisory Committee will meet at 10:30 a.m. at Town Hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. The public can attend in person.
Leland’s Planning Board meets at 6 p.m. in town hall, 102 Town Hall Dr. Members will revisit a proposed new Riverfront Urban Mixed-Use zoning district, which would allow for the Battleship Point project. View the full agenda here.
The Town of Oak Island Town Council will hold a special-called meeting at 6 p.m. at Town Hall, 4601 E. Oak Island Drive. The agenda includes discussion of potential methods to fund beach nourishments.
Wednesday, Mar. 23
The Town of Kure Beach Land Use Plan Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 117 Settlers Lane.
Thursday, Mar. 24
The Cape Fear Community College Board of Trustees will meet at 5 p.m. at Union Station, 502 N. Front St. in Wilmington. Meetings can be livestreamed here.
The Topsail Island Shoreline Protection Commission will meet at 2 p.m. at North Topsail Beach Town Hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. A WebEx link will be available on the website that day.
Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority will meet at 12:30 p.m. at Forden Station, 505 Cando St. in Wilmington. The meeting can be livestreamed here.
The City of Southport Board of Aldermen will have a special joint board workshop with the planning board at 6 p.m. at the Southport Community Building, 223 E. Bay St. They will hear about the proposed Indigo Phase 2 project. There will not be a public comment period at this meeting but will be scheduled at a later date.
Friday, Mar. 25
Surf City Town Council will hold a work session at 9 a.m. at the Municipal Complex, 204 W. Florence Way. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube.
Have tips or comments? Email email@example.com