WILMINGTON — All seven known victims of a late-night shooting off Kidder Street were 22 and under. The youngest was 16.
Gunfire at a house party just after midnight Saturday morning killed three and injured four.
Wilmington Police Department released the names of the victims Saturday afternoon:
- Zieyah Wade, 22-year-old male
- Shamir Jones, 21-year-old male
- An unnamed juvenile, 16-year-old female (name withheld due to age)
- Zykeria Crawford, 19-year-old female
- Zymiryon Atkins, 18-year-old male
- Valery Orelus, 18-year-old female
- Keyshawn James, 21-year-old male
Shortly after the shooting, WECT reported WPD had no known suspects.
It is not yet clear whether there were multiple shooters. Officers who responded to the shooting discovered “a gunfight had erupted” at 718 Kidder Street, according to a Saturday morning WPD press release.
WPD’s CSI team recovered multiple firearms at the scene.
Saturday afternoon, a WPD spokesperson said the incident is still under investigation. WPD plans to hold a press conference next week after investigators gather more information.
“This is a tragic case with several young victims, and our hearts go out to their families and friends during this difficult time,” WPD’s spokesperson wrote in the afternoon release.
Send tips and comments to email@example.com