NEW HANOVER COUNTY — Two individuals have been charged with trafficking raw heroin and crack cocaine in Wilmington. An investigation by the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office revealed that the two had delivered the drugs in Wilmington from South Carolina.
The delivery of 56 grams of raw heroin and 28 grams of crack cocaine was made to an address at or around Harris Road in Ogden. This amount was capable of creating over 5,000 bags of heroin. Marcus Abdul Spann Jr. and Mary Kristina Evans were both charged with conspiring to traffic heroin and cocaine.
Marcus Abdul Spann Jr. was charged with:
- Possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine
- Possession with intent to sell and deliver heroin
- Three counts, conspire to traffic cocaine
- Three counts, conspire to traffic heroin
- Possess drug paraphernalia
- Carrying a concealed weapon
Mary Kristina Evans was charged with:
- Possession drug paraphernalia
- Two counts, trafficking heroin
- Two counts, trafficking in cocaine
- Possession of heroin
- Maintain vehicle for controlled substance
- Conspire traffic heroin
- Conspire traffic in cocaine
While the drugs were being delivered, it was discovered Spann had a 9mm pistol concealed in his waistband.