Sunday, March 3, 2024

Food assistance available for Pender County residents affected by flood

PENDER COUNTY – Pender County residents who receive food stamps  and who were impacted by the flood may receive assistance from Pender County Health and Human Services, the county has announced.

“Flood victims who lost food purchased with food stamps due to flooding or power outages should visit the (Department of Social Services) for assistance,” Carolyn Moser, director, health and human services, said.  “They may be eligible to receive replacement vouchers from the county.”

[Pender County warns of scam artists following floods]

Pender Christian Services is coordinating with the Pender County Department of Health and Humans Services to assist flood victims who do not normally receive food stamps. Those residents can stop by the Department of Social Services to apply for a voucher, which can then be used at Pender Christian Services.

“A portion of Pender County residents have been displaced,” said Tom Collins, Pender County Emergency manager. “We have numerous offers of assistance and we want our flood victims and hurricane victims to receive the help they deserve.”

For information regarding assistance from social services, call 910-259-1240.

Pender County Emergency Management will post updates on the Facebook page at and on the website If you need assistance, call the emergency management office at 910-259-1210.

Related Articles