The town of Kure Beach is looking for volunteers who want to help serve their community through public service.
There are several open positions for both full-time members and alternates on various board and committees that need to be filled.
Listed below in alphabetical order are the committees, their meeting times and open vacancies:
- Board of Adjustment (meets at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday as needed) – 2 alternate vacancies
- Community Center (meets at 10 a.m. every second Tuesday) – 2 alternate vacancies
- Emergency Operations (meets as needed) – 4 member vacancies
- Parks and Recreation (meets at 4 p.m. every second Tuesday) – 1 member and 2 alternate vacancies
- Planning and Zoning (meets at 7 p.m. every first Wednesday) – 1 alternate vacancy
- Shoreline Access, Beach Protection and Parking (meets at 4 p.m. every first Tuesday) – 1 alternate vacancy
- Wilmington Metropolitan Planning Organization Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee (meets in Wilmington at 3 p.m. every fourth Thursday) – 1 member vacancy
The positions must be filled by residents of Kure Beach. Those interested can fill out an application and bring it to Town Hall. For more information, contact the town clerk at (910) 458-8216 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the town’s website.