SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Every Monday Port City Daily shares upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, Dec. 11
- Consideration of Holly Shelter Industrial Park master plan
- Mental health and substance use disorder strategy update
- Public hearing to rezone 33.5 acres at 8138 Market St. from R-15, B-2, light industrial and highway commercial to residential multifamily moderate high-density for 348 single-family attached units
The Bald Head Island Village Council is hosting a GO bond town hall at 10 a.m. in the Public Safety Complex, 273 Edward Teach Extension. The purpose is to provide information on about the proposed 2025 beach renourishment project and the March 5, 2024, general obligation bond referendum. The meeting will be livestreamed here.
- Policy 3200 and 3210 redlined recommendations
The Pender County Board of Commissioners will convene for a special meeting at 8 a.m. in the Pender County Public Assembly Room on 805 S. Walker Street, Burgaw, NC. According to the agenda, it will be a closed session before opening to the public. No other details about the meeting’s content were offered in the agenda.
The Southport Board of Aldermen will hold a special closed session at 10 a.m. in the Southport Community Center, 223 E. Bay St. The meeting will not be livestreamed and no business will be conducted in open session.
Tuesday, Dec. 12
Town of Burgaw Board of Commissioners will meet at 4:30 p.m. at Burgaw Town Center, 108 E. Wilmington St. A few items on the agenda include:
- Oath of office administered to new commissioners and appointment of mayor pro tem
- A resolution from public works about a water shortage response plan
- Consideration of a multifamily project containing 40 three-bedroom townhomes at Timberly Lane
Topsail Beach Parks and Recreation Board will meet at 10 a.m. at town hall, 820 S. Anderson Blvd.
WMPO Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee will meet at 2 p.m. at 305 Chestnut St. An agenda was not posted by press.
The Carolina Beach Town Council will meet at 6 p.m. at town hall, 1121 N. Lake Park Blvd. Meetings are livestreamed here. The agenda includes the swearing in of newly elected officials and the election of mayor pro tem.
- Design build K-8 installment approval
- New K-8 additional services approval
- Pre K/Head Start grant
The Brunswick County Board of Education will hold committee meetings beginning at 9 a.m. in the administrative offices located at 35 Referendum Drive. Meetings are livestreamed here. The agendas include:
- Status update on reproductive health curriculum review process
- Policy 3205 – selection of media and supplementary materials
- Fall 2023 PLS updates
- Policy 1310-4002: Parental Involvement
- Policy 2310: Public Participation at Board Meetings
- Policy 2320: Compliance with Open Meetings Law
- Public hearing on a special use permit for a hotel in the Commercial Recreational (CR) zoning district located at 1425 E. Beach Drive
- Consideration of a policy for processing code of ethics complaints against advisory board and committee members
The New Hanover County Board of Elections will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the Longleaf Room at 1241 A Military Cutoff Road to conduct regular business and discuss election-related matters. Limited in-person seating will be available. Attendees can call in by dialing 1-336-218-2051, with conference ID “282 144 069,” followed by pound. The meeting can be livestreamed here.
The Leland Planning Board will meet at 6 p.m. at 102 Town Drive. Items on the agenda include:
- Proposed update to vegetated buffer requirements
- Rezoning a 1.2 acre parcel
Wednesday, Dec. 13
- Oath of office for reelected officials
- Selection of mayor pro tem
- Discuss and consider Topsail Island Shoreline Protection Commission goals for 2024
Cape Fear Public Utility Authority will have a meeting for its authority board at 9 a.m. at 230 Government Center Dr. Items on the agenda include:
- $1 million construction contract with State Utility Contractors, Inc. for the FY 2024
- Find-It Fix-It Water and Sewer Repairs Project
- $780,000 contract award to State Utility Contractors for emergency construction services
The Navassa Planning Board will meet at 6:30 p.m at 334 Main St. An agenda was not posted by press.
Thursday, Dec. 14
Surf City Planning Board will meet at 3 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube. An agenda was not posted by press but can be found here.
Wilmington Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. at city hall, 102 N. Third St. The meeting can be livestreamed on GTV8 and YouTube. The agenda includes evidentiary hearings about structural changes to historic buildings and one new structure.
The North Topsail Beach Planning Board will meet at 5:30 p.m. at town hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. The meeting can be livestreamed here.
- Conditional zoning modification to consider an outdoor seating area and landscaping for the Event Venue / Bar at 205 Charlotte Avenue in the Central Business District (CBD)
- Consider a special use permit modification for additional boat slips located at 401 Marina St. in the marina business & R-1B district
- Presentation by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on the 2023-2024 beach renourishment project
- Conduct a public hearing on the amendment to a a special use permit for property located at 534 Causeway Drive (Zeke’s Beans and Bowls) to add outdoor seating and consider a parking exception
- Consider approval of a pickleball court funding/naming initiative
- Consider an amendment to the parking contract with Pivot Parking
- Public hearing on a map amendment for Jabbertown Road
- Public hearing on system development feeds
- Budget transfer for Franklin Square Park
The Leland City Council will meet at 6 p.m. at 102 Town Hall Drive. The agenda includes:
- Approval of a new performance guarantee with D.R. Horton.
- Authorizing the town manager to execute mutual and automatic aid agreements
- Major site plan review – Pine Forest Quads
- Tree canopy assessment results
Friday, Dec. 15
Surf City Town Council will host a work session at 9 a.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube.
The UNCW Board of Trustees have a scheduled meeting. No details were posted by press.
The Bald Head Island Village Council will meet at 10 a.m. in the Public Safety Complex, 273 Edward Teach Extension. Meetings are livestreamed here. No agenda was posted by press.
Tips or comments? Email email@example.com