SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Every Monday Port City Daily will share upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, October 2
- Approve resolution accepting the deed of dedication of water distribution system for Bridgewater Landing
- Consideration of approval of a contract with Pond & Company for design, engineering, and construction administration for Central Pender Park
- An update on Pender County grant for Focus Broadband
- Amendments to the interlocal agreement with CFPUA for waterline relocation
- A public hearing to rezone 12.68 acres at 5322 Carolina Beach Road from regional business and R-15 to residential multi-family, moderate density for a 200-unit multi-family and townhouse development.
- A special-use permit request for a campground and RV park on 19 acres at 8102, 8104 and 8106 Sidbury Road
Brunswick County Board of Commissioners meet at 3 p.m. The public is welcome, but the meeting is not livestreamed. Items on the agenda include:
- Request to accept the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Treatment Court Grant in the amount of $400,000 for year one (09/30/23-09/29/24) awarded to the Brunswick County Adult Treatment Court Project and approve contract agreements for treatment, trial court coordinators and data evaluation, subject to review and approval by County Attorney’s office. The grant, approved in February, has a five-year project period through 2028 for a total award amount of $2,000,000.
- Request to accept the attached Grant Award from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the amount of $1,052,500 for the design and engineering of the Whiteville Road Forcemain Project; delegate the County Manager, Mr. Steve Stone, to execute the Grant Agreement and all other associated documents; and authorize staff to submit all required grant documentation.
Tuesday, October 3
- Agenda review ad hoc
- Legal services
- 2023-2024 accountability report
The Wrightsville Beach Planning Board will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the town hall building, 321 Causeway Drive. An agenda was not posted by press.
- Recap of joint meeting between planning board and board of commissioners. Read PCD coverage here.
- A general rezoning request for two parcels totaling 165 acres from residential performance to office and institutional
Surf City Town Council will meet at 4:30 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube. The agenda includes approval of a contract with Sunland Builders Inc. for stormwater on S. Shore Drive.
Topsail Beach Parks and Recreation Board will meet at 10 a.m. at town hall, 820 S. Anderson Blvd.
- A resolution authorizing the city manager to enter into an agreement to provide fire services beyond Wilmington’s territorial jurisdiction
- A resolution to enter into a purchase and sale agreement of surplus property to the North Carolina State Ports Authority
- A resolution to authorize the second and final contract extension and increase by $4.8 million to Highland Paving Co. for the annual needs roadway maintenance contract
Wilmington Housing Authority Board of Commissioners will meet at 4 p.m. at Rankin Place Terrace, 415 N. 12th St. The WHA Housing and Economic Opportunities Board of Directors will meet immediately after, followed by the Glover Plaza Inc. Board of Directors.
The Brunswick County Board of Education will meet at 6 p.m. at the Center of Applied Sciences and Technology, 1109 Old Ocean Highway, Bolivia. The meeting can be livestreamed here. The agenda includes:
- Appointment to Brunswick County Substance Use and Addiction Commission
- Request to implement state approved raises
- Recommendation for strategic plan
Wednesday, October 4
CFPUA’s Finance Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. at the 230 Government Center Dr. Meeting are open to the public. A few items on the agenda include:
- $15,465,075 construction contract award to Carolina Civilworks Inc. for the Northern Regional Pump Station and Force Main Phase A project
- $520,200 engineering contract amendment to McKim & Creed Engineering for the same project
The New Hanover County Board of Education Calendar Committee will meet at 4 p.m. in the Board of Education Center, 1805 S. 13th St. The meeting can be livestreamed here. The agenda can be viewed here.
- General rezoning of 0.99 acres at 3803 Peachtree Ave. and 3802 Park Ave. from regional business to MD-17 high -density, multiple-dwelling residential
- Amending the land development code to update items about dimensional, district-specific and transitional buffer standards for the UMX district. parking standards for UMX and CBD districts and permitted setback encroachments
The Kure Beach Planning and Zoning Commission will meet at 6 p.m. in the town hall building, 117 Settlers Lane. An agenda was not posted by press.
Surf City Parks, Recreation and Tourism Advisory Committee will meet at 3 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way.
Thursday, October 5
Surf City Promotions, Special Events and Tourism Advisory Committee will meet at 3 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way.
- A budget amendment to appropriate $55,366 for final payment for the town hall renovation project
- Approval of an ordinance regarding wetland protections and adding a new civil citation. Read PCD coverage here.
- An update from the coastal engineer on beach projects
Town of Burgaw Tourism Development and Authority will meet at 6 p.m. at the Burgaw Town Center, 108 E. Wilmington St.
Friday, October 6
Town of Burgaw Beautification Committee will meet at 8 a.m. at the Burgaw Town Center, 108 E. Wilmington St.
Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org