A news story isn’t finished after it gets reported – often, that’s just the beginning of the conversation.
Here are five stories from this week that got people talking:
- We learned how pollution on a plot of land leased from the U.S. Army is costing Carolina Beach hundreds of thousands of dollars.
2. A success story that saw a Wilmington couple make their way in the business world. From an online store to a small stall to their own brick and mortar.
3. We checked ought a new proposed venue – a replica of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre constructed from shipping containers. The project could house theatrical productions, live music and more.
4. After a three-decade hiatus, a freight rail route has reopened between Wilmington and Charlotte. Readers wondered: could passenger travel be next?
5. After reading about the local legend known as Calabash Flash, people shared their own memories about him, his wife, and the dance known as ‘shagging.’