NEW HANOVER COUNTY — The New Hanover County Community Endowment announced its new member list for the Community Advisory Council on Thursday.
The 2022 council includes community leaders from various education, health and social equity organizations across Wilmington, including ambassadors from LINC, Seeds of Healing, TRU Colors and Cape Fear Literacy Council.
Members will serve one, two and three years terms on the council.
According to a pres release, members were chosen based on a “balance of gender, race and ethnicity to ensure the demographics of the community are reflected.”
“The CAC is critical to our community engagement strategy, and we’re fortunate to have had a strong response from passionate residents in New Hanover County,” CEO and President William Buster said in the release. “We’re confident the members chosen will amplify our impact and help create a better New Hanover County for all.”
The $1.25 billion endowment was created after the sale of New Hanover Regional Hospital to Novant Health last year to promote the county’s health, education and safety.
The 2022 council includes:
- Jamie Stokely, executive director of Helping Hands of the Cape Fear
- Maurice Locklear, a family medicine specialist in Wilmington
- Joe Finley, Friends School of Wilmington board member
- Gustavo Rodea, owner of Rodea Enterprise and member of the Latin American Business Council
- Susie Sewell, attorney and executive director of Camp Schreiber Foundation
- Frankie Roberts, executive director of LINC
- Brandon Cagle, global ambassador at CastleBranch and director of mentorship and outreach at lowercase leaders
- LeShonda Wallace, nurse at New Hanover Regional Medical Center and executive director of Seeds of Healing
- Natalie English, president and CEO of the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce
- Yasmin Tomkinson, executive director of Cape Fear Literacy Council
- Dawn Ferrer, executive director of A Safe Place
- Peter Nemmers, operations manager at Heart of Wilmington
- Raul Zamora-Duprey, a clinical social worker in Wilmington
- Sara Hobgood, parents and guardians of adolescents support group facilitator at NAMI Wilmington
- Quanesha Mullins, Creekwood community center volunteer
- Marrio Jeter, director of operations at Communities in Schools
- Jane Morrow, executive director at Smart Start of New Hanover County
- Chaz Springer, assistant director of marketing a TRU Colors Taproom
Have comments or tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org