SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Celebrating Easter on the coast presents many options, especially for sunrise services enjoyed waterside. Congregations will gather on the beach, the riverwalk and even the Battleship N.C., in addition to church sanctuaries.
From Surf City to Wilmington, Wrightsville to Carolina and Kure beaches, below is a list of where to worship this Sunday.
Ogden Baptist Church
- 10:45 a.m. traditional worship
- 7121 Market St.
Pine Valley Baptist Church
- 7 a.m. sunrise service on the Battleship NC, with hot coffee and donuts served
- 10 a.m. traditional Easter service at the church, 3940 Shipyard Blvd., with choir, praise band and message of hope from the pastor
First Baptist Wilmington
- 7 a.m. Easter sunrise service, with brass quartet and sermon from new senior pastor, Rev. Barrett Owen, at Airlie Gardens, 300 Airlie Rd.
- 9 a.m. service led by the Modern Praise Team and 11 a.m. service with a full choir, both with a message from new senior pastor, Rev. Barrett Owen at the church, 411 Market St.
- Easter Egg Hunt for kids, 10 a.m.
St. Matthew’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
- 6:30 a.m. Sunrise Eucharist, in the courtyard of the church, 612 S. College Rd.
- 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Traditional Eucharist
First Presbyterian Church
- 6:30 a.m. sunrise service at Wrightsville Beach public access 34
- 9 a.m. worship service in Gilmour Hall and 11 a.m. worship service in sanctuary at the church, 125 South Third St.
Grace Baptist Church
- 10:15 a.m. coffee and doughnuts in the Atrium, followed by “Easter Musical: The Story” at 10:30 a.m., 1401 N. College Rd.
North Pointe Community Church
- 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Easter worship at the church, 4490 Gordon Rd.
Pine Valley United Methodist Church
- 6:30 a.m. sunrise service at the church, 3788 Shipyard Blvd.
- 7 a.m. Easter breakfast
- 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. traditional worship at the church, 3788 Shipyard Blvd.
- 9 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. contemporary worship at the church, 3788 Shipyard Blvd.
Wrightsville Beach Community Sunrise Service
- 6:30 a.m. sunrise service with Little Chapel on the Boardwalk, Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist, St. Andrew’s On-the-Sound Episcopal, St. Therese Catholic, Wrightsville Beach Baptist and Wrightsville United Methodist churches
- Wrightsville Beach Access 19, south of Johnnie Mercer’s pier on Oxford Street
- Featuring invocation, hymns, Bible readings, meditation and benediction
Church of the Servant
- 5:55 a.m. sunrise service at Wrightsville Beach Access 4 (North Ridge Ln., North End), bring a chair
- 8:30 a.m. (no music) and 11:15 a.m. (with music) Holy Eucharist Rite II at the church, 4925 Oriole Dr.
- 10:45 a.m. Easter egg hunt
Little Chapel on the Boardwalk
- 10 a.m. traditional service and Easter Cantata, featuring Chancel Choir, instrumentalists and narrators. Easter egg hunt for children during worship.
- 2 West Fayetteville St., Wrightsville Beach
St. Andrew’s On-the-Sound Episcopal
- 7:45 a.m., 9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. traditional services at 101 Airlie Rd., Wrightsville Beach
St. Therese Catholic
- 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. traditional services at the church, 209 Lumina Ave South, Wrightsville Beach
Wrightsville Beach Baptist Church
- 9 a.m. traditional worship or 11 a.m. contemporary worship at the church 601 Causeway Dr.
Wrightsville United Methodist Church
- 8:15 a.m., 9:45 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. traditional worship at the church, 4 Live Oak Dr.
The Bridge Presbyterian Church
- 6:45 a.m. sunrise service at the Belville Riverwalk Park, 580 River Rd SE
- 10 a.m. traditional worship at the church, 497 Olde Waterford Way
- 6:30 a.m. sunrise service at the Carolina Beach Fishing Pier, north end of Carolina Beach
- 10:30 a.m. traditional worship at the church, 1800 Carolina Beach Rd.
CB Presbyterian and St. Paul’s Methodist churches
- 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. services at the Carolina Beach Elementary School
Kure Beach First Baptist Church
- 6:15 a.m. sunrise service at Kure Beach Oceanfront Park (105 Atlantic Ave.)
- 10:30 a.m. traditional worship at the church, 208 6th Ave., South
Chapel by the Bay (Interdenominational)
- 6:30 a.m. sunrise service at Beach Access 13, 510 N. Shore Dr., Surf City.
- 7:30 a.m. Easter breakfast and 10:30 a.m. traditional worship at the church, 216 Michigan Ave., Surf City
Faith Harbor United Methodist
- 7 a.m. sunrise service
- 9:20 a.m. and 11 a.m. traditional worship and service, followed by 12:15 p.m. handbell choir at the church 14201 Hwy. 50/210, Surf City
The Gathering at Surf City Baptist
- 6:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. beach worship service at Beach Access 13, 510 N. Shore Dr., Surf City
- 8:10 a.m., 9:25 a.m., 10:40 a.m., and 11:50 a.m. traditional worship at the church, 304 Wilmington Ave.
- 3G Kids Egg Hunt, noon, in the fellowship hall on the church grounds
Emma Anderson Memorial Service
- 6:15 a.m. sunrise service at Beach Access 12, Topsail Beach
Community Easter Service
- 6 a.m. sunrise service at Beach Access 2, N. Topsail Beach
Have an addition? Email firstname.lastname@example.org