An N.C. Department of Health and Human Services report from Jan. 12 identified a 45-person outbreak of Covid-19 at the New Hanover Detention Facility. Thirteen staff and 32 detainees have been recently diagnosed with the virus.
The report disclosed outbreaks — groups of two-or-more Covid-19 cases linked by proximity and time — at five residential care facilities in New Hanover County totaling 57 cases.
- Brookdale Wilmington: 2 staff; 12 residents
- Kempton at Brightmore: 5 staff; 3 residents
- Launch Pad Wellness, Wrightsville Avenue: 2 staff; 11 residents
- Morningside of Wilmington: 7 staff; 6 residents
- Spring Arbor of Wilmington: 5 staff; 4 residents.
Six nursing homes in New Hanover County are undergoing Covid-19 outbreaks, accounting for for than 300 cases. There have been 12 deaths among residents at Cypress Pointe associated with its current outbreak, eight deaths among residents at Northchase Rehab & Nursing Care, and five resident deaths at Peak Resources.
- Bradley Creek Health Center:18 staff; 15 residents
- Cypress Pointe Rehabilitation Center: 26 staff; 54 residents
- Davis Health Care Center: 12 staff; 2 residents
- Liberty Commons Rehabilitation Center: 4 staff; 1 resident
- Northchase Rehab & Nursing Care: 37 staff; 76 residents
- Peak Resources – Wilmington: 29 staff; 56 residents
Send tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org