SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Every Monday Port City Daily will share upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, Oct. 3
The New Hanover County School Board’s Equity Diversity and Inclusion Committee will meet at 5 p.m. in the Board of Education Center at 1805 South 13th Street. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube. The agenda includes updates on the district’s website, student voice, “Crow Novel” and parent selection, along with a Q&A of Equity Officer.
- Update on the RO plant slated for eastern Pender County. Read PCD coverage here.
- Eastern Pender water improvement project cost updates and comparisons
- Approval of capital project ordinance and budget ordinance amendment for LCFWASA parallel raw water main to PCU Water Plant
- A report on capital project funding from County Manager Steve Stone
- A request for the board to authorize almost $5 million in American Rescue Plan Act funding for the expansion and rehabilitation of the Ocean Isle Beach Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Considering awarding the first round of funding in a $15 million program to support workforce housing; read PCD coverage here.
- Considering the purchase of property for $12 million, located at 319 North Third Street, for Cape Fear Community College
- Accepting a donation of property on Holly Shelter Road
- Considering an updated framework for American Rescue Plan funding
Tuesday, Oct. 4
- Student Voice, Policy 4004 — second reading
- Calendar committee report; read PCD coverage here.
- Strategic Plan Update: academic performance and instructional response
- School improvement plans 2022
- 2nd reading of policies on Title IX and board committees
- A rezoning request for 0.33 acres of land in Rocky Point Township from general business to residential performance
- A rezoning request for 2.85 acres of land in Topsail Township from residential performance to general business
- A rezoning request for 15.21 acres in Topsail Township from planned development and residential performance to general business
- A public hearing on a conditional rezoning for Applewood Trace
- A budget ordinance amendment for Northeast Pender and Onslow County fire taxes
- A resolution in support of hiring a local magistrate
The Wilmington Housing Authority Board of Commissioners will meet at 4 p.m. at Rankin Terrace Place, 4125 N. 12th St. The Housing and Economic Opportunities Board of Directors will meet immediately following; and the Glover Plaza Board of Directors will convene afterward.
The Topsail Beach Parks and Recreation Board will meet at 10 a.m. at Town Hall, 820 S. Anderson Blvd.
- Public hearing to rezone 40.45 acres at 4126 River Rd. from light industrial to high-density multiple-dwelling residential for a 248-apartment community
- Ordinance making supplemental appropriations of $1.3 million between multiple funds to allow for reallocation of funding from the American Rescue Plan Act
- Resolution for an executive change order to Monteith Construction for $313,240 for Thalian Hall project
The Brunswick County Schools Board of Education will meet at 6 p.m. in the Conference Room of The Center of Applied Sciences and Technology, located at 1109 Old Ocean Hwy. in Bolivia. The meeting can be livestreamed. The board will discuss schematics for an addition to North Brunswick High School; read PCD coverage here.
The New Hanover County Board of Elections will meet Oct. 4 at 1241-A Military Cutoff Rd. to review absentee ballots and discuss election-related matters. Limited in-person seating is available; the livestream can be accessed here. Public comments can be submitted by noon, Oct. 3.
The Pender County Board of Elections will meet Oct. 4 at 6 p.m., 807 S. Walker St. in Burgaw to discuss absentee ballots; no other information was posted by press.
The Brunswick County Board of Elections will meet at 4 p.m. at the Cooperative Ext. Training Room, 25 Referendum Dr. in Bolivia in regards to absentee ballots. An agenda was not posted by press. The livestream can be accessed here.
The Town of Oak Island will host a public hearing at 6 p.m. in council chambers, 4601 E. Oak Island Dr. The meeting is being held to discuss the Beach Management Plan prepared by Moffatt & Nichol, to consider aspects of paid parking and to go into a closed session. The agenda can be accessed here and the livestream here.
Wednesday, Oct. 5
The Wrightsville Beach Ad Hoc Committee will meet at 4 p.m. in Wrightsville Beach Town Hall council chambers, 321 Causeway Drive. An agenda was not posted by press.
The North Topsail Beach Board of Aldermen will meet at 11 a.m. at Town Hall, 2008 Loggerhead Court. The meeting can be livestreamed online.
- A rezoning for 107 Castle St. from community business to residential historic district.
- Amend the Land Development Code for various amendments and clean-up items related to Permitted Uses, Use-Specific standards, Site Development Requirements, Administrative Provisions, and Measurements and Definitions.
- Amend Article 5. Division 5. Signs to correct errors and inconsistencies identified during implementation and to align with recent case law pertaining to commercial speech.
The Town of Burgaw Beautification Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
The New Hanover County Airport Authority will meet at 5 p.m. in the ILM Executive Conference Room. A few items on the agenda includes:
- Fee NTE $495,000 for lowest responsive bidder to provide turn-key temporary parking lots, utilizing non-federal grants
- Fee NTE $305,000 for TBI design of additional terminal enhancements pending IFE review
- Approve NCSE Grant for $262,000 for Infrastructure improvements
Thursday, Oct. 6
The Town of Burgaw Tourism Development Authority will meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
The UNCW Board of Trustees will hold its quarterly meeting at 10:15 a.m. in the Burney Center’s Ballroom A. The board will discuss strategic planning and campus master planning.