Monday, Jan. 24
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. in the New Hanover County Courthouse, 24 N. 3rd St. A few items on agenda include:
- Consideration of community violence action plan — read more from Port City Daily here
- Approval for NHC Sheriff’s Department to request grant funds, $96,000, to extend salary and fringe of existing Forensic Laboratory Chemist
- Consideration of full-time veterans treatment coordinator, a grant-funded position
- Approval of NHC Soil and Water Conservation District to apply for new grant funding, $10,000 to explore needs of urban agricultural programs, including community farms, to help relieve food deserts
Town of Kure Beach will meet at 6 p.m. in council chambers in town hall at 117 Settlers Lane. A few items on agenda include:
- Accept resignations and appoint new committee members
- Department updates from police, fire, recreation and public works
- Electric bikes on the beach strand
- Approve TDA funding of $260,412.08 for lifeguard services
The Town of Southport Beautification Committee will meet at 5 p.m. at Indian Trail Meeting Hall, 113 W. Moore St. Meetings are open to the public. Due to Covid-19, seating is limited, and social distancing and facial coverings are required.
Tuesday, Jan. 25
The Town of Burgaw Board of Commissioners will hold a special meeting at 5 p.m. at the Historic Train Depot, located at 115 S. Dickerson St in Burgaw. The purpose of the special meeting and public hearing is to receive comments on proposed installment financing for the renovation of the EMS building located at 108 E Wilmington St. Read coverage from Port City Daily here.
The Board of Commissioners of the Wilmington Housing Authority will meet at Holiday Inn Express, 839 Medical Center Dr. The Community Outreach and Resident Services will meet at 3 p.m; Real Estate Development Committee will meet at 4 p.m.; and Policy, Administration and Finance will meet immediately following. An agenda was not published ahead of press.
The Leland Planning Board meets at 6 p.m. in town hall, 102 Town Hall Dr. The members will consider a proposed revision to the conservation district and more than 120 acres worth of accompanying rezonings. Read more from Port City Daily here.
- Rezoning of 32 acres along Buckeye Road to medium density residential district as part of a voluntary annexation
- Proposed amendments to building setback and separation rules
- Employee recognition
- Adopting resolution to support finances associated with marina bulkhead
- Presentations from 2022 Beautification Committee, Police Advisory Committee and Operations Advisory Committee
The Town of Southport Board of Adjustment will meet at 5 p.m. at Indian Trail Meeting Hall, 113 W. Moore St. Meetings are open to the public. Due to Covid-19, seating is limited, and social distancing and facial coverings are required. The meeting is being held as a quasi-judiciary hearing regarding a special use permit for 1038 Seahorse Ct.
Thursday, Jan. 27
The Town of Carolina Beach is scheduled to hold additional workshops at 11 a.m. on Jan. 27 and at 8 a.m. on Jan. 28 in the Carolina Beach Fire Department, 9 South Dow Rd. Tune into CB’s YouTube page here. Both days will focus on budget discussions.
The Topsail Island Shoreline Protection Commission will hold a meeting at 2 p.m. at Surf City Town Hall, 214 W. Florence Way. The meeting can be streamed here.
UNCW Board of Trustees’ various committees will meet at 8:30 a.m. at UNCW’s Burney Center in various ballrooms. The meeting schedule consists of:
- 8:30 a.m. — Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee (Burney Center, Ballroom C)
- 10 a.m. — Educational Planning and Programs Committee (Burney Center, Ballroom A)
- 1 p.m. — Business Affairs (Burney Center, Ballroom C)
- 1 p.m. — External Affairs (Burney Center, Ballroom A)
The Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority (Wave Transit) Board of Directors meets at 12:30 p.m. at the Wave Transit Maintenance and Operations Center, 1480 Castle Hayne Rd. Instructions to tune in virtually are available here. The agenda includes a presentation on proposed new routes and operating schedule, which would go into effect this summer.
READ MORE: Wave Transit seeks input on upcoming changes
Friday, Jan. 28
The Town of Carolina Beach will hold a workshop at 11 a.m. on Jan. 27 and at 8 a.m. on Jan. 28 in the Carolina Beach Fire Department, 9 South Dow Rd. Tune into CB’s YouTube page here. Both days will focus on budget discussions.
UNCW Board of Trustees will meet at 8:30 a.m. at UNCW’s Burney Center. The meeting schedule consists of:
- 9 a.m. — Quarterly meeting of the board of trustees (Burney Center, Ballroom A)
- 12:30 p.m. — Chancellor Search Committee (Burney Center, Ballroom C)
Have tips or comments? Email email@example.com