HAMPSTEAD — The Pender County Sheriff’s Office arrested a 62-year-old Hampstead resident on 28 charges related to the illegal possession and trafficking of heroin and oxycodone.
Louis Charles Webb Jr. was placed in custody on Tuesday and a bond was later set for $1 million related to the trafficking charges and an additional $150,000 related to all remaining charges.
The arrest came after the PCSO Vice Narcotics Unit concluded a months-long investigation into the illegal sale of heroin and opiate-based prescription pain medications in the Hampstead area, according to the PCSO.
A search warrant was conducted at Webb’s Hampstead residence on Tuesday evening where an unclarified amount of Oxycodone prescription drugs were seized.
“Detectives have been investigating Webb over the past several months for the illegal sale of heroin and oxycodone,” according to a PCSO release sent Thursday morning.
Webb was charged with the following drug offenses:
- Charge: 90-95 – TRAFFICKING HEROIN/ OPIUM/ OPIATES (5 counts)
- Charge: 90-95 – POSSESS HEROIN;
- Charge: 90-95 – POSS W/INTENT M S/D HEROIN (3 counts)
- Charge: 90-95 – POSSESS HEROIN (2 counts)
- Charge: 90-95 – SELL HEROIN (3 counts)
- Charge: 90-95 – DELIVER HEROIN (2 counts)
- Charge: 90-108 – MAINTAIN VEH/DWELL/PLACE CS FEL (3 counts)
- Charge: 90-95 – POSS W/INT M/S/D SCHED I CS;
- Charge: 90-95 – POSSESSION SCHEDULE I CS – FELONY
- Charge: 90-95 – MANUFACTURE SCH I CS (3 counts)
- Charge: 90-95 – SELL SCHEDULE I CS
- Charge: 90-95 – DELIVER SCHEDULE 1 CS
- Charge: 90-113 – POSSESS DRUG PARAPHERNALIA, NOT MARIJUANA (3 counts)