WILMINGTON — Due to major flooding, widespread power outages, employees’ evacuations, and interstate and highway closures, most stores in Wilmington and the surrounding area are still closed to the public. However, as of Sunday, a few are beginning to open their doors.
Port City Daily will continue to update the list as more information becomes available.
Grocery Stores & Retail Supercenters
- Harris Teeter: the following stores have re-opened and have modified hours of 10am-6pm. Stay updated at the company’s Florence-specific store hours page.
- College Road, Wilmington
- Oak Landing, Wilmington
- Beau Rivage Marketplace, Wilmington
- Hanover Center, Wilmington
- Mayfaire Center, Wilmington
- Lumina Commons, Wilmington
- Long Leaf Mall, Wilmington
- Wayne Memorial, Goldsboro
- Surf City Crossing, Hampstead
- Lowes Foods: Lowes Foods in Monkey Junction will be open until 3 p.m. allowing 30 people in the store at one time due to limited employees. The company is working on opening the South College Road store.
- Target: stay updated at the company’s Florence-related store openings page
Closed: 4711 New Centre Dr., Wilmington, N.C.
- Trader Joe’s: closed on Sunday. Stay updated at the company’s Florence-specific store openings page.
- Walmart: stay updated at the company’s Florence-specific store openings page
- Open: 5135 Carolina Beach Rd. (pharmacy closed)
- Closed: 5226 Sigmon Rd.
- Closed: 8035 Market St.
- Whole Foods: emergency storm hours begin Monday, 9/17
- 3804 Oleander Dr: 8am-5pm
- Fresh Market 1060 International Drive reopened at noon Monday, 9/17
- Publix Both stores are open until 8 p.m. in Pine Valley and Ogden
- CVS: All CVS Pharmacy locations in mandatory evacuation areas in North Carolina, South Carolina are closed, according to the company’s Florence-specific page.
- As of 1 p.m. Sunday the location at 3302 Market St. was open.
- Home Depot: All Wilmington stores open until 4 p.m. Sunday and opening at 8 a.m Monday. Stay updated at the company’s Florence-specific store hours page here.
- Stores in Shallotte, Jacksonville, and Myrtle Grove are currently closed.
- Lowe’s Home Improvement: stay updated at the company’s Florence-specific store hours page
- University Centre, Wilmington, NC (354 South College Rd): closed at 5 p.m. Sunday, September 16, 2018
- South Wilmington, NC (5110 S. College Road): closed at 5 p.m. Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Porter’s Neck, Wilmington, NC (191 Porters Neck Road): closed at 5 p.m. Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Southport, NC (5084 Supply Rd Southeast): closed at 5 p.m. Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Surf City, NC (106 Wilkes LN E.): closed at 5 p.m. Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Lumberton, NC (5060 Fayetteville Rd.): open at noon – closed at 5 p.m. Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Shallotte, NC (351 Whiteville Rd.): closed at 5 p.m. Sunday, September 16, 2018
- American Hardware will open at 8 a.m. Tuesday, September 18. They are providing Propane and other items.
Restaurants & Bars
- Mellow Mushroom (4311 Oleander Dr.): according to their Facebook page, opened Sunday around noon serving cheese and pepperoni pies and beer; cash only. No information on time of closing.
- Skytown Beer Company (4712 New Center): accessible from Market St. direction. Taking cards. Check Facebook for updates.
- Moe’s BBQ (5818 Oleander Dr.): Open at noon Monday, cash-only for now. Check Facebook for updates.
- Waffle House: As of 3 p.m. Sunday, open at two confirmed locations:
- Porters Neck: 5041 Market Street
- Near Target at New Centre: 1410 S. College Avenue
- Antonio’s Pizza and Pasta Monkey Junction location open for take out and dine in. No deliveries and no call in orders. The store will remain open until they are out of food.
- Chops Deli the Monkey Junction location is open.
- Carolina Ale House 317 South College Road open until 6 p.m. with limited menu.
- Panacea Brewing Company open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m Kombucha, booch beer, regular beer, and water for people in need. Power also available for charging phones, able to take cards and cash.
- Peno Grill on College Road open until 9 p.m. or until food runs out – free meals to first responders Tuesday.
If you are a store owner or know of any stores that would like to be listed as open please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Praats at 910-234-9768