A news story isn’t finished after it gets reported – often, that’s just the beginning of the conversation.
Here are five stories from this week that got people talking:
- While covering a city meeting on “The Avenue,” a proposed 500-apartment project on Military Cutoff, we watched public concern over the project boil over into anger.
- We met a young woman who knows “following your dreams” in more than a cutesy catch-phrase. She defended “millennials,” and talked about the future of employment for Wilmington’s growing population of young adults.
- Carolina Beach became the latest municipality to authorize a new law allowing alcohol sales at 10 a.m. on Sundays — but not before the mayor sounded off on exactly how he felt about the age-old blue law.
- We told the story of a young man’s life, the addiction that killed him, and the things that might have saved him. What lessons can we learn from this tragedy?
- There’s been some serious issues in the news lately and so it’s understandable to find people daydreaming about pulling up anchor and sailing away. We met a family that has done just that.