Monday, February 26, 2024

New Hanover County seeks members for various boards and committees

NEW HANOVER COUNTY — Interested in taking part in your local government?

New Hanover County is providing several opportunities for citizens to participate in the county’s government. The county’s board of  commissioners is seeking interested citizens to apply for appointment to the following:

Cape Fear Public Transportation (Wave) Transit Authority:

  • Category: Human Services Agency Representative

New Hanover County Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee

New Hanover County Industrial Facilities and Pollution Control Financing Authority

New Hanover County Risk Management Advisory Committee

New Hanover County Tourism Development Authority:

  • Category: Owner/Manager of company that manages and rents more than 100 vacation rental properties

New Hanover County Zoning Board of Adjustment

Applications can be obtained at the Board of Commissioners Office, located at the New Hanover County Government Center, 230 Government Center Drive, Suite 175 or by calling 798-7149. Those interested can also find applications on the county’s boards and committees webpage.

The deadline for applications is  Oct. 31, for consideration by the board at the Nov. 14 meeting. Applicants must reside in New Hanover County.

Related Articles