SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Every Monday Port City Daily will share upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, March 13
The Town of Burgaw Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
The Brunswick County Planning Board will meet at 6 p.m. at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia. The board will consider public hearings on a pair of planned developments and rezonings. Notably, the board will consider rezoning 691.61 acres off Ocean Highway West to high density residential, medium density residential and commercial.
The Pender County Board of Commissioners will meet at 4 p.m. at 805 S. Walker Street in Burgaw. The board may be livestreamed via YouTube. A few highlights from the agenda include:
- A resolution accepting the second wave of opioid settlement funding
- Approval of a contract for a space needs assessment at the Pender County Courthouse
- Approval of a professional services contract for future land planninhg
Tuesday, March 14
The New Hanover County Schools Policy Committee will meet at 10 a.m., 1805 South 13th St. School board meeting videos can be accessed here. The agenda includes:
- Policy 3620 – Extracurricular Activities and Student Organizations
- Policy 4720 – Surveys of Students
- Policy 3610 – Counseling Program
- Policy 4130 – Discretionary Admission
- Policy 3320 – School Trips
The Carolina Beach Town Council will meet at 6 p.m. in council chambers, 1121 N. Lake Park Boulevard. An agenda was not posted by press. The agenda includes:
- Public Hearing on non-profit funding requests
- Public hearing on the approval of financing terms, resolution of necessary finding and reimbursement resolution for acquisition of 1101 N Lake Park Blvd.
- Sunset of golf cart allowances on streets within the Town of Carolina Beach
The Town of Burgaw Board of Commissioners will meet at 4:30 p.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St. A few items on the agenda include:
- A presentation from Feast Down East
- A public hearing to allow wireless communications towers in the highway business district
- A public hearing to add an ordinance as it pertains to wall murals. Read PCD coverage here.
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners will hold a strategic planning workshop at 10 a.m. to discuss the development of a new five-year strategic plan. The meeting will be held at the New Hanover County Northeast Library, 1241 Military Cutoff Road.
The Oak Island Town Council will meet at 6 p.m. in council chambers at Oak Island Town Hall. The meeting can be livestreamed here. The agenda includes:
- Consideration of the beach management plan to be submitted to the Coastal Resources Commission
- Discussion of previously approved amendments for right-of-way ordinances
- Discussion and consideration of proposed code of ethics and disclosure
Pender County Board of Elections will meet at 6 p.m. at the Board of Elections Office, 807 S. Walker Street in Burgaw.
Wednesday, March 15
The Wrightsville Beach Town Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. at 321 Causeway Drive The agenda includes:
- Public hearing to consider adoption of ordinance 1843 to amend Chapter 184.108.40.206 off-street parking requirements per land use for marinas/boataminiums
- Public hearing to receive input on the FY23-24 budget process
The New Hanover County Schools Legislative Committee will meet at 12:30 p.m. in the Board of Education Center at 1805 S. 13th St. School board meeting videos can be accessed here. An agenda was not posted as of press.
The Surf City Board of Adjustment will meet at 3 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way. An agenda was not posted by press.
The Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Technical Coordinating Committee will meet at 10 a.m. on the fourth floor of 305 Chestnut St. The meeting can be livestreamed via Zoom. A few items on the agenda include:
- A presentation by Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority on ridership
- Resolution approving the FY 24 Unified Planning Work Program
- Discussion about the 2020 Urbanized Area Census Data — organizational boundaries, structure and governance. Read PCD coverage here.
The Bald Head Island Transportation Authority will meet at 9:15 a.m. in the Indian Trail Meeting Hall, 113 W. Moore Street in Southport. An agenda was not posted as of press.
Brunswick Regional Water and Sewer H2GO meets at 6 p.m. at Belville Town Hall. See the agenda here.
Thursday, March 16
The Topsail Beach Beach, Inlet Sound Committee will meet at 2 p.m. at town hall, 820 S. Anderson Blvd. An agenda was not posted by press.
The Wilmington Board of Adjustment will meet at 1 p.m. at city hall, 102 N. Third St. The meeting can be livestreamed on GTV8 and YouTube. An agenda was not posted by press.
The New Hanover County Commissioners will hold an agenda review at 4 p.m. at the NHC Government Center, conference room 601.
The Oak Island Planning Board will meet at 10:30 a.m. in council chambers at Oak Island Town Hall. The meeting can be livestreamed here. The agenda includes:
- Discussion of tree protection overlay district
- Major site plan review for Pine Forest Cottages
The Town of Burgaw Tree Board will hold a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St., to discuss tree projects.
The Pender County Board of Commissioners will hold a budget workshop at 9 a.m.at Hampstead Annex at 15060 U.S. Hwy. 17.
The Town of Leland will meet at 6 p.m. at 102 Town Hall Drive. The town will hold a hearing on its fiscal year 2024 budget. The meeting may be watched via livestream.
The Southport Planning Board will meet at 6 p.m. at 223 E. Bay St. The agenda includes:
- 115 N. Howe St. major site plan
- Oakton Subdivision
- Prices Creek Townhomes Phase 2 preliminary plat
- Public hearing on a proposed conditional zoning amendment
Friday, March 17
The Bald Head Island Village Council will meet at 10 a.m. at the public safety complex, 273 Edward Teach Extension. An agenda was not posted as of press.
The Pender County Board of Commissioners will continue its budget workshop from the previous day beginning at 9 a.m. at Hampstead Annex at 15060 Hwy. 17.
Tips or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to read more from PCD? Subscribe now and then sign up for our morning newsletter, Wilmington Wire, and get the headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.