SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — Every Monday Port City Daily will share upcoming government meetings around the tri-county region. If there’s an item of public interest, we’ll include that below the listed meeting, too.
Monday, July 11
The Town of Burgaw Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St.
The Pender County Board of Commissioners will meet at 4 p.m. at the Pender County Public Assembly Room, 805 S. Walker St. in Burgaw. The meeting can be livestreamed here. The agenda includes:
- Approval of offer and start-up bid process for the sale of four surplus properties
- Resolution setting a public hearing for the proposed school bond
- Approval of a lease agreement for maintenance of Abbey Nature Preserve. Read PCD coverage here.
- Public hearing for applicant Booth & Associates, on behalf of Four County Electric Membership Corporation requesting approval of a special use permit for the construction and operation of a utility substation facility with associated equipment.
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners will meet at 4 p.m. at the New Hanover County Historic Courthouse, 24 North 3rd St. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube. A few items on the agenda include:
- Consideration of the 2022 New Hanover County emergency operations plan
- A public hearing for a rezoning on 1.75 acres on Market St. for a car wash
- 2022 Child Protection Team annual report
The Brunswick County Planning Board meets at 6 p.m. at commissioners chambers at the government center in Bolivia. A few items on the agenda include two rezonings, one for 0.3 acres near Shallotte, from neighborhood commercial to high density residential, and 5.02 acres near Bolivia from medium density residential to rural residential.
Tuesday, July 12
The New Hanover County Board of Elections will meet at 5:15 p.m. in the Longleaf Room at the Board of Elections Office, located at 1214 A Military Cutoff Rd. The purpose of the meeting is to take action on the 2022 Statewide General Election Absentee One-Stop Voting Plan and discuss other election-related matters. The meeting can be livestreamed via Microsoft Teams.
The Town of Belville Planning Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. in commissioners’ chambers, located at 63 River Rd. The agenda includes discussion on Article 9 and project updates.
The Town of Burgaw Board of Commissioners will meet at 4:30 p.m. at the Historic Train Depot, 115 S. Dickerson St. The agenda includes
- A public hearing for a mixed-use development and residential apartments in the 200 block of Dudley and W. Satchell streets.
- A filming request presentation
- Consideration of amendments to the community house and Historic Train Depot usage policies
The Wilmington Housing Authority Board of Commissioners will meet at 4 p.m. at Rankin Terrace Place, 415 N. 12th St. The housing and economic opportunities board of directors will meet following and the Glover Plaza Inc. Board of Directors will meet after.
The Town of Leland Economic Development Committee will meet at 6 p.m. at Town Hall, 102 Town Hall Dr. The agenda includes:
- Elections of chair and vice chair
- A bi-monthly economic development report
- An update on the economic development strategic plan
The Pender County Board of Education will meet at 6 p.m. at the Dr. Katherine Herring Resource Center, 798 U.S. Hwy. 117 in Burgaw. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube. The agenda includes presentations, Aramark contract renewal and a human resource report.
The Carolina Beach Town Council will meet at 6 p.m. in council chambers, 1121 N. Lake Park Blvd, Carolina Beach. The meeting can be livestreamed on YouTube. A few items on the agenda include:
- A presentation on the quarter-cent sales tax proposal
- An events update
- A public hearing on the adoption of an ADA transition plan
The Town of Oak Island will meet in council chambers at 6 p.m. at town hall, 4601 East Oak Island Dr. Meetings are livestreamed here. A few agenda items include:
- A public hearing on a text amendment for supplemental regulations to permit airport hangars (accessory) and airport terminals in the CL-D zoning district
- Resolution to request the NCDOT assume ownership and responsibility for a portion of Airport Road
- Discussion on paid parking
- Consideration of beach safety signage. Read PCD’s coverage here.
The New Hanover County Board of Education will meet at 5 p.m. at the Board of Education Center, 1805 S. 13th St. The meetings are livestreamed here. A few items on the agenda include:
- A memorandum of understanding with the sheriff’s office
- Policy update on use of seclusion and restraint
- A memorandum of understanding with Coastal Horizons for day treatment services at Lake Forest Academy
Wednesday, July 13
The New Hanover County Airport Authority will meet at 5 p.m. at the Wilmington International Airport terminal, 1740 Airport Blvd. A few items on the agenda include:
- Farewell to current board chair Donna Girardot and welcoming new board member Faison Sutton
- Staff reports, including terminal expansion, finance reports and business development
The Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Technical Coordinating Committee will meet at 10 a.m. and will be conducted remotely. The meeting can be livestreamed on Zoom. The agenda includes:
- Discussion about the draft 2024-2033 STIP swap projects
- Cape Fear Memorial Bridge Replacement discussion
- A presentation on congestion management process data support
The Town of Navassa Planning Board will host a meeting at 6:30 p.m. at town hall, 334 Main St. An agenda was not posted as of press.
Cape Fear Public Authority will host a regular board meeting at 9 a.m. at the Lucie Harrell Conference Room, 230 Government Center Dr. Items on the agenda include:
- A $468,000 change order for Carolina Civil Works, Inc. for the Find-It Fix-It 2022 Water and Sewer Repairs Project
- Raise the micro-purchase threshold to $30,000 to $50,000 to allow staff to make critical purchases more quickly in emergency circumstances
- $6,905,475 construction contract award to Carolina Civilworks for Southern Regional Pump Station
Thursday, July 14
The Surf City Planning Board will meet at 4 p.m. at the Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way.
The Wilmington Historic Preservation Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. in city council chambers, 102 North 3rd St. The agenda includes five items regarding adjustments to be made for homes within the historic district.
The Southport Board of Aldermen will meet at 6 p.m. in the Southport Community Building, 223 East Bay St. A few items on the agenda include:
- Three annexation requests
- Selecting engineer for shoreline stabilization
- Committee and staff reports
The Town of Navassa Parks and Recreation will host a meeting at 10 a.m. at town hall, 334 Main St. An agenda was not posted as of press.
The Town of Carolina Beach Planning and Zoning meeting will be held at 6 p.m. at 1121 N. Lake Park Blvd. Items on the agenda include:
- The Cape Fear Council of Governments (CFCOG) will assist the town for the creation of the Town of Carolina Beach’s Unified Development Ordinance (UDO).
- Update on town projects
- Appointment of chair and co-chair
The Town of Leland Economic Development Committee will meet at 6 p.m. at town hall. A few items on the agenda will include discussion about the 2022-23 meeting dates, as well as an economic development strategic plan RFP update.
Friday, July 15
The Town of Surf City will host a work session at 9 a.m. at Surf City Municipal Complex, 214 W. Florence Way. The agenda includes an annexation resolution and sewer capacity update. Council meetings are streamed here.
Have comments or tips? Email email@example.com.
Want to read more from PCD? Subscribe now and then sign up for our newsletter, Wilmington Wire, and get the headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.