Thursday, December 1, 2022

Structure fire contained on Farfield Road

An accidental kitchen blaze spread into the eves of a home at 107 Farfield Road at noon Tuesday. It was contained by the New Hanover County Fire Rescue and extinguished within 15 minutes, according to a release.

Contained to the kitchen and attic space, the New Hanover County Fire Marshal’s Office concluded the fire started on the kitchen stove top. Only one person lived in the residence and was able to remove three dogs; a New Hanover County detective in saved a fourth animal. No injuries were reported.

The fire marshal investigation determined the home did not have working smoke detectors. Fire officials remind homeowners to not leave the kitchen while food is cooking and to check smoke detectors frequently to ensure they’re operational.


Tips or comments? Email info@localdailymedia.com.

Want to read more from PCD? Subscribe now and then sign up for our morning newsletter, Wilmington Wire, and get the headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.

Shea Carver
Shea Carver
Shea Carver is the editor in chief at Port City Daily. A UNCW alumna, Shea worked in the print media business in Wilmington for 22 years before joining the PCD team in October 2020. She specializes in arts coverage — music, film, literature, theatre — the dining scene, and can often be tapped on where to go, what to do and who to see in Wilmington. When she isn’t hanging with her pup, Shadow Wolf, tending the garden or spinning vinyl, she’s attending concerts and live theater.

Related Articles