Thursday, December 1, 2022

Sunday fire quickly extinguished, no injuries reported

NEW HANOVER COUNTY — A fire in Monkey Junction on Sunday resulted in some minor property damage but no injuries.

New Hanover County Fire Rescue responded to a reported structure fire at 6134 Tarin Road, and the first two engines were able to quickly extinguish the flames. Mutual aid companies were canceled, including Carolina Beach and City of Wilmington.

The fire was confined to a fence and utility storage area. Two homes, 6134 and 6130 Tarin Road, faced minor siding damage but there was no interior destruction to either home.

According to a press release from New Hanover County Fire Service, the cause is accidental. The fire was started by dumping hot embers into a plastic garbage can, which ignited other debris — mainly pine straw and pinecones — that was also dumped into the bin.


Have comments or tips? Email info@portcitydaily.com

Want to read more from PCD? Subscribe now and then sign up for our newsletter, Wilmington Wire, and get the headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.

Related Articles