NEW HANOVER COUNTY — The sheriff’s office confiscated drugs, weapons and cash at a bust last Friday, Feb. 18, at an apartment located near Independence Boulevard.
According to a release, the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office Gang Unit obtained information about unusual activity and possibly narcotic distribution taking place at 3025 Jean Rabin Way, Apt 307.
An investigation was pursued on one of the apartment’s residents, Deandrez Robbins, who was served a search warrant. Also residing at the apartment was Alexis Johnson, present during the service of the warrant.
The sheriff’s office, with the help of NC Probation and Parole and FBI Safe Streets, seized:
- Approximately 42 pounds marijuana
- Two handguns
- Over 100k in U.S. currency
The police charged Robbins and Johnson with:
- Trafficking marijuana by possession
- Trafficking marijuana by manufacturing
- PWIMSD marijuana
- Felony possession of marijuana
- Possession of a controlled substance w/n 1000 feet of school
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Robbins was also charged with possession of firearm by felon and an additional warrant for assault on a female; he did not receive a bond.
Johnson has a $75k secure bond.
Have tips or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org