NEW HANOVER COUNTY — Appointments have opened for anyone ages 16 and older in groups 1-5 to receive for free their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
The appointment slots are for Apr. 12 at the MLK Center as well as Apr. 13 at the MLK Center, the county’s health and human services building, and at the new vaccine site at Independence Mall. Each site will be administering the Pfizer vaccine, which has been approved for ages 16 and over.
Folks will make their second-dose appointment at the same time of their fist dose.
Instructions from public health:
Booking Online: signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine
- Different site locations and appointment times can be found on the tabs at the top of the page.
- A unique email is required for each appointment made through the county’s online scheduling system (if someone doesn’t have an email address, they can call the coronavirus call center at 910-798-6800 to book an appointment).
- At the top of the webpage, select your preferred appointment location from the tabs available and it will then show the appointments available at that specific site.
- After selecting a location and time from the scheduling system, the appointment will be held while entering contact information, including verification of the person’s vaccine group.
- The online scheduler is available in English and Spanish.
Booking by Phone: 910-798-6800
- If you call and experience a busy signal, please call back. A busy signal indicates that all available lines are full, but the call center is still operational. So continue calling back until the line rings.
- When the line rings, you will first hear an informational message and then you will need to stay on the line for the next available call center operator. You may have to wait on hold for a bit, depending on how many people are in the queue ahead of you, so please be patient.
- Spanish interpreters are available in the call center to assist with booking appointments.
Tips or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org