NEW HANOVER COUNTY – Who wants to be saddled with hosting family and friends during Easter morning or afternoon? One of these local “brunch” spots will provide all the food so you can sit back, relax and enjoy quality time with your loved ones.
While some of these local establishments would like for you to reserve a spot before spaces fill up, you may still want to start planning ahead with large crowds expected for walk-in restaurants on one of the busiest brunch seatings of the year. Most of these local restaurants regularly offer Sunday brunches.
Prices for each restaurant varies. Here’s a group of brunch offerings sure to please the appetite from those on a budget to the traditional Easter feast.
- Johnny Luke’s KitchenBar, 5500 Market Street, 910-769-1798; Reservations welcome, but not required. Open at 11 a.m. $3 Mimosas, $4 Bloody Mary’s after NOON. Kids menu offering.
All menu items served with choice of fresh fruit, potato kakes or home fries.
Visit Johnny Luke’s website for complete Sunday brunch menu. Price range for dishes: $9-$13
- Cameron Art Museum, 3201 S. 17th Street; Reservations: 777-2363; Three seatings for Easter brunch at 10 a.m., Noon and 2 p.m.; Includes live music and Easter egg hunt. Price $32.95 for adults; $12.95 for children. Details, visit www.cameronartmuseum.org
- Hops Supply Company, 5400 Oleander Drive, 833-8867; Reservations recommended. Open 10 a.m., Live Music 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; Plates from $6.99-12.99; Adult beverage option after noontime. Click here for complete brunch menu. Saturday brunch seating available.
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Hilton Riverside, 301 N. Water Street, 910-343-1818
Reservations recommended. Seating begins at Noon on Sunday, April 16. Visit Ruth’s Chris website for complete list of brunch specials, which includes Carpaccio Bloody Mary option.
- The George on the Riverwalk, 128 S. Water Street, 910-763-2052; Walk-In parties only. Brunch dishes range $10-14. Brunch served every Friday, Saturday and Sunday until 3 p.m. year-round.
Lunch is served simultaneously until 5 p.m. Vegan/gluten-free menu with brunch offerings.
East Sunday Special includes: Pineapple Glazed Ham, House-made Potato Salad, Green Beas and Deviled Eggs for $22, available all day. Complete brunch menu here.
- Surf House Oyster Bar & Surf Camp, 604 N. Lake Park Boulevard;
An already popular brunch spot for locals will have a line waiting ahead of restaurants opening at 10 a.m. Kids menu available. Skillet dishes $10; Traditional breakfast $9-12; Afternoon Fare $7-13;
- Shell Island Resort, North End Bistro, 2700 N. Lumina Ave, 910-256-8696; Two brunch seating’s for Buffet at 12 p.m. & 2 p.m.; Price: $35.95 adult/$17.95 kids/Four and under free;
Resort offers discounted room rates available for guests over Easter weekend, which includes Easter brunch vouchers. Easter related activities for registered guests on Saturday, April 15 10a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- The Blockade Runner, East Oceanfront Dining, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Vegan, vegetarian and seafood-centric menu selections. Try the omelet station, a waffle station along with ham and prime rib carving stations. Enjoy Shrimp & Grits, peel and eat shrimp, oysters and smoked salmon. $48 for adults, $18 for children 12 and under. Reservations: 910-256-7109
- Kornerstone Bistro, 8262 Market St., Reservations: 910-686-2296; Easter brunch 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; The restaurant typically hosts brunch every Sunday, including waffle and omelet stations. Prime rib and carving stations will be added to menu on Sunday. $22.95 for adults, $10.95 for children 12 and under. Click here for regular Sunday brunch menu.
- Osteria Cicchetti, 5104 S. College Road, Easter Sunday Brunch Buffet, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Includes fresh fish, prime rib and lamb-carving stations. Variety of specialty desserts and pastries available $25.95 for adults, $11.95 for children 12 and under. Reservations: 910-392-3490