Appendix C – Official Contest Rules
1. Winners will be drawn at random or by contestant call-in participation during on-air
2. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. Contestants must be legal U.S. residents.
5. Contestants must be at least 18 years old.
6. Present and past employees of Local Voice, Wilmington (WUIN, WUDE, WNTB), and its affiliates, along with family members and employees of other radio or television stations may not win any contest associated with Local Voice. Local Voice reserves the right to revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements, or if entry coupon or winning ticket has been damaged or altered.
7. All Local Voice contestants, on or off air, are limited to one winner per household (persons living at the same address) or immediate family per sixty (60) day period for all prizes having a total value of $100.00 or less; limited to one winner per household (persons living at the same address) or immediate family per one hundred twenty (120) day period for all prizes having a total value of $101 – $999; limited to one winner per household (persons living at the same address) or immediate family per one hundred eighty (180) day period for all prizes having a total value of $1000 or more.
8. Local Voice reserves the right to disqualify any entry or revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements.
9. Local Voice and its sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, illegible or mutilated entries.
10. No substitution or other consideration for the stated prize may be claimed. However, Local Voice reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value at its sole discretion in the event of unavailability of a prize. All items won must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning and must be claimed between 9AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday (except holidays) at Local Voice Wilmington offices: 1410 Commonwealth Dr. Unit 102A, Wilmington, North Carolina. Any item or prize with a weekend expiration date not claimed at the Local Voice Wilmington offices by 5PM on the Friday preceding the weekend expiration date will be forfeited with no compensation.
11. Prizes valued at less than $25.00 may (at the winner’s request) be mailed using first class U.S. Postal Service mail. Local Voice is not responsible for problems occurring within the postal system which may affect winner’s receipt of prizes.
12. An IRS 1099-MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for every prize (or combination of winnings) valued at $600 or more during the calendar year. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winning contestants must show proof of Social Security numbers to Local Voice for any prize. This is for tax recording purposes only, and will not be used or released for
13. Local Voice is not responsible for any failure of communications, failure of the Internet or its web sites, or allegation of telephone difficulties. In the case of a dispute over telephone lines, the decision of Local Voice is final. In the event that two telephone lines are tied together during a phone contest, the entire phone call will be disqualified and another phone call will be taken. Local Voice cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a “tied together” situation. An example of a “tied together” call may be two telephone calls originating from the same location or residence or a party line.
14. All winning contestants are required to acknowledge these contest rules either by signing a Local Voice winner release form, or by acceptance of a prize by mail if the prize is not picked up at the offices as stated above.
15. All prizes are described by Local Voice either on the air, online or via signage at off-air events. Each prize has a predetermined value which is not negotiable. As a condition of winning a prize, a winner acknowledges that Local Voice reserves the right to broadcast their name and voice and to use their likeness or photo to promote the contest.
16. As a condition of accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that Local Voice is not responsible for any harm, injury, or damage caused to any person or property, proximate or otherwise, through the use of any prize by any person, and agrees to save and hold harmless Local Voice, its principals and employees from any claim of such responsibility. “Harm, injury, or damage” includes but is not limited to occurrences beyond the control of Local Voice such as bodily injury or theft, expiration of an item or a prize, and cancellation or alteration of an event.
17. Additional rules pertaining to specific contests may supplement or supersede these rules.
18. All Local Voice decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the
Date of last modification to Official Contests Rules: 2/27/2017