Here’s a list of road construction work for July 10 – July 17, per the Town of Carolina Beach, City of Wilmington and North Carolina Department of Transportation.
Town of Carolina Beach
- Lake Park Boulevard – closed between Carl Winner Avenue and Harper Avenue from 8 p.m. on Monday, July 11 to 7 a.m. on Tuesday, July 12 for utility repairs. Traffic will be rerouted to Myrtle Avenue.
- Canal Drive and Carl Winner Avenue – periodic closures at the intersection from Monday, July 11 to Friday, July 15 as crews work on the traffic signals
City of Wilmington
- Pine Grove Drive – the southbound lane will be closed near Ivocet Drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday until the end of June for the installation of a drainage pipe
- Randall Parkway – intermittent eastbound right lane closures between Marlboro Street and Kerr Avenue for road widening and construction of the Cross-City Trail
New Hanover County
- SR 2169 (Fredrickson Road) – closed permanently in both directions near SR 2145 due to construction of the Wilmington Bypass
- US 74 (Eastwood Road) – lane closures on the draw bridge into Wrightsville Beach as routine biennial maintenance and inspection is conducted on the bridge span
- US 421 (Carolina Beach Road) – nighttime construction between NC 132 (College Road) and Snow’s Cut Bridge until May 2017 for grading, drainage and paving work as well as the installation of signals
- NC 133 (River Road/Village Road) – periodic lane closures for nighttime construction until November 15 to design and build a divergent diamond interchange
- SR 1551 (Blackwell Road), US 17 (Ocean Highway), US 74 (Andrew Jackson Highway) – periodic lane closures for widening of US 17/74/76 from River Road/Village Road to the US 421/NC 133 interchange west of Wilmington