Here’s a list of road construction work for July 3 – 9, per the City of Wilmington and North Carolina Department of Transportation.
City of Wilmington
- Randall Parkway – intermittent eastbound right lane closures between Marlboro Street and Kerr Avenue for road widening and construction of the Cross-City Trail
New Hanover County
- SR 1175 (Emerson Street) – closed in both directions until July 8 for storm drain installation as part of the Kerr Avenue widening project
- SR 2169 (Fredrickson Road) – closed permanently in both directions near SR 2145 due to construction of the Wilmington Bypass
- US 421 (Carolina Beach Road) – nighttime construction between NC 132 (College Road) and Snow’s Cut Bridge until May 2017 for grading, drainage and paving work as well as the installation of signals
Reminder: Expect heavy traffic heading to the county’s beaches this weekend, particularly in Wrightsville Beach, where the drawbridge openings cause backups on both sides.
- NC 133 (River Road/Village Road) – periodic lane closures for nighttime construction until November 15 to design and build a divergent diamond interchange
- SR 1551 (Blackwell Road), US 17 (Ocean Highway), US 74 (Andrew Jackson Highway) – periodic lane closures for widening of US 17/74/76 from River Road/Village Road to the US 421/NC 133 interchange west of Wilmington
Reminder: Expect heavy traffic going into Southport this weekend, as the town hosts the annual North Carolina 4th of July Festival.