Here’s a list of road construction work for June 26 – July 2, per the City of Wilmington and North Carolina Department of Transportation.
City of Wilmington
- Pine Grove Drive – the southbound lane will be closed near Ivocet Drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday until the end of June for the installation of a drainage pipe
- Randall Parkway – intermittent eastbound right lane closures between Marlboro Street and Kerr Avenue for road widening and construction of the Cross-City Trail
New Hanover County
- SR 1175 (Emerson Street) – closed in both directions until June 30 for storm drain installation as part of the Kerr Avenue widening project
- SR 2169 (Fredrickson Road) – closed permanently in both directions near SR 2145 due to construction of the Wilmington Bypass
- US 421 (Carolina Beach Road) – nighttime construction between NC 132 (College Road) and Snow’s Cut Bridge until May 2017 for grading, drainage and paving work as well as the installation of signals
A reminder: the Third Street Bridge in downtown Wilmington is now open.
- NC 133 (River Road/Village Road) – periodic lane closures for nighttime construction until November 15 to design and build a divergent diamond interchange
- NC 211 (Honey Island Swamp) – lane closures just south of the Columbus County line for bridge construction until June 30
- SR 1551 (Blackwell Road), US 17 (Ocean Highway), US 74 (Andrew Jackson Highway) – periodic lane closures for widening of US 17/74/76 from River Road/Village Road to the US 421/NC 133 interchange west of Wilmington