Here’s a list of road construction work for June 5 – 11, per the City of Wilmington and North Carolina Department of Transportation.
City of Wilmington
- 41st Street – nighttime lane closures between Shipyard Boulevard and Oleander Drive until June 3 for repaving and repairs. Two-way traffic and access to all businesses, schools and residences in that area will remain at all times.
- Randall Parkway – intermittent eastbound right lane closures between Marlboro Street and Kerr Avenue for road widening and construction of the Cross-City Trail
New Hanover County
- SR 1175 (Emerson Street) – closed in both directions until June 8 for storm drain installation as part of the Kerr Avenue widening project
- SR 1335 (Parmele Road) – closed in both directions near NC 132 in Castle Hayne until June 24 while crews replace an existing pipe with an aluminum culvert
- SR 2169 (Fredrickson Road) – closed permanently in both directions near SR 2145 due to construction of the Wilmington Bypass
- US 421 (Carolina Beach Road) – nighttime construction between NC 132 (College Road) and Snow’s Cut Bridge until May 2017 for grading, drainage and paving work as well as the installation of signals
Starting Monday, June 6 – intermittent lane closures (one lane on each side) on Snow’s Cut Bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway in Carolina Beach for routine biannual inspections. The work will be done from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. until Friday, June 10.
Starting Thursday, June 9 – crews will be performing biannual inspections on Interstate 40 from mile marker 1 to 6. One lane will be closed in both directions until June 24.
A reminder: the Third Street Bridge in downtown Wilmington is now open.
- NC 133 (River Road/Village Road) – periodic lane closures for nighttime construction until November 15 to design and build a divergent diamond interchange
- NC 211 (Honey Island Swamp) – lane closures just south of the Columbus County line for bridge construction until June 30
- SR 1551 (Blackwell Road), US 17 (Ocean Highway), US 74 (Andrew Jackson Highway) – periodic lane closures for widening of US 17/74/76 from River Road/Village Road to the US 421/NC 133 interchange west of Wilmington