Construction crews are back in full swing after the holiday season. Here’s a list of current road closures in the area, per the city of Wilmington and the North Carolina Department of Transportation website.
City of Wilmington
- Brenda Drive – partially closed near Carolyn Drive for the installation/replacement of stormwater drain pipes
- Clearbrook Drive – partially closed between Carolyn Drive and Patricia Drive for the installation of culverts
Starting Monday, Jan. 25 – some lane closures on 41st Street between Shipyard Boulevard and Oleander Drive. Two-way traffic and access to all businesses, schools and residences in that area will remain at all times.
New Hanover County
- SR 1627 (3rd Street) – closed in both directions near U.S. 74 for bridge replacement until April 1
- SR 2169 (Fredrickson Road) – closed permanently in both directions near SR 2145 due to construction of the Wilmington Bypass
Starting Monday, Jan. 25 – NCDOT will be replacing an existing pipe on SR 1492 (Myrtle Grove Road) with an upsized aluminum culvert. Work is scheduled to end on Feb. 12.
- NC 133 (River Road/Village Road) – periodic lane closures for nighttime construction until November 15
- NC 179 (Bricklanding Road) – lane closures from Shallotte city limits to 800 feet south of Hale Swamp Road until May 13 for construction of the Old Georgetown Road extension from Ocean Isle Beach Road to NC 179
- NC 211 (Howe Street) – nighttime lane closures from NC 87 to the Southport Ferry Terminal for milling and resurfacing until Jan. 31
- NC 211 (Honey Island Swamp) – lane closures just south of the Columbus County line for bridge construction until June 30
- SR 1154 (Hale Swamp Road) – closures near the intersection with NC 179 (Bricklanding Road) for construction of the Old Georgetown Road extension until May 13
- SR 1163 (Old Georgetown Road) – lane closures for road extension until May 13
- SR 1184 (Ocean Isle Beach Road) – lane closures for extension of Old Georgetown Road until May 13
- SR 1551 (Blackwell Road), US 17 (Ocean Highway), US 74 (Andrew Jackson Highway) – periodic lane closures for widening of US 17/74/76 from River Road/Village Road to the US 421/NC 133 interchange west of Wilmington