What started with a set of plans and a stack of wood will soon be up for view–and for sale–to the public.
Cape Fear Community College’s boat building program hosts an exhibition of student-made crafts beginning at 11 a.m. Wednesday behind the college’s boat shop on the Cape Fear River in downtown Wilmington.
There, CFCC will showcase finished boats, giving interested buyers a chance to preview the work before an online auction later this month.
Students will be on hand to talk about their yearlong projects, built from scratch out of wood and fiberglass. Proceeds from the sale of the boats will help fund construction of next year’s work.
The following boats will be available at auction:
- 15 foot Christmas Wherry (can be used as a sailboat or rowboat)
- 15 foot Cortez Melonseed (sailboat)
- 13 foot Barto Melonseed (sailboat)
- 13 foot Peapod (can be used as a sailboat or rowboat)
- N.C. 17 skiff (outboard)
- All-fiberglass 15 foot Garvey skiff (outboard)
For more details, call (910) 362-7151.