Two fires were reported this weekend, one of which damaged a local home store.
According to Sammy Flowers, battalion chief at the Wilmington Fire Department, a fire reported early Sunday morning at Old Time Pottery on Shipyard Boulevard has been ruled accidental.
“The actual cause was fallout from illegal consumer fireworks being used in the area that landed on the roof,” Flowers said. “There was evidence of debris from these fireworks on the roof and around the rear of this structure.”
One person suffered minor injuries while assessing the damage to the store, Flowers said.
An accidental house fire was reported several hours later on Orange Street, Flowers said.
No injuries were reported in a house fire at 4 a.m. Sunday at 1420 Orange Street. Damage estimates are unknown, but no one was injured in the fire.
Check back for more details on this developing story.