New Hanover County Schools is offering lunches at area schools, housing communities, churches and activity centers to youth 18 and under at no cost to families. Sites are open, Mondays through Thursdays, throughout the district from June 29 to Aug. 6.
For more information, call the district’s child nutrition department, (910) 254-4260.
School lunch sites and schedules:
- Freeman School of Engineering, 2601 Princess Place–11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Creekwood South, 714 Emory St.–11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Maides Park, 1101 Manly Ave.–11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Bradley Creek Elementary, 6211 Greenville Loop Road–11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Hillcrest, 1402 Meares St.–11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Houston Moore, 1805 S. Thirteenth St.–11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Village at Greenfield, 1400 S. Eleventh St.–11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Jervay Communities, 1088 Thomas C. Jervay Loop–11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Mary C. Williams Elementary, 801 Silver Lake Road–11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Virgo Middle, 813 Nixon St.–11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Gregory Elementary, 319 S. Tenth St.–11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Center, 401 S. Eighth St.–11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Warner Temple Church, 620 Nixon St.–11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Wrightsboro Elementary, 2716 Castle Hayne Road–11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Snipes Elementary, 2150 Chestnut St.–11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Castle Hayne Elementary, 3925 Roger Haynes Road–11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Alderman Elementary, 2035 Independence Blvd.–11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Royal Palms Mobile Home Park, 5140 Carolina Beach Road–11:30 a.m.-12 p.m.