The New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office issued more than 100 citations for seat belt violations at two checkpoints held in Wilmington on Wednesday.
The sheriff’s office and the Wilmington Police Department conducted a seat belt enforcement operation on Market Street at Marsh Oaks Drive and Carolina Beach Road at Northern Boulevard, according to sheriff’s office spokesman Lt. Jerry Brewer. The checkpoints were part of the N.C. Governor’s Highway Safety Program “Click It or Ticket” campaign, Brewer said.
A total of 151 charges and citations were issued, including:
- Seat belt violations, 111
- Child restraint violations, 2
- Helmet law violations, 2
- Driving during revocation, 4
- No operator’s license or other license violations, 6
- Expired registration violations, 8
- Safety inspection violations, 4
- Texting or distracted driving violations, 4
- Red light or stop law violations, 3
- Drug violation, 1
- Speeding, 1
- Other violations, 5
- Written warnings, 5