Spring is now in full swing, and that’s reason enough for the Town of Kure Beach to celebrate.
After a brief hiatus last year, the town’s annual street festival is back and set for Saturday, April 25, at Ocean Front Park, 105 Atlantic Ave.
The event, which runs from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., features free live music and children’s entertainment, as well as food, T-shirts and handmade goods from local artisans available for purchase.
From 1 to 5 p.m., kids can enjoy free face painting from P3, balloon shapes from Sir Twist-A-Lot and craft making at a special booth donated by The Home Depot. There will be 20 vendors onsite, offering a diverse assortment of goods including jewelry, pottery, local photography, original paintings, soaps and candles.
And don’t worry about lunch or dinner because there will be food vendors to suit whatever you crave–seafood, sausages, hot dogs, burgers, cheesesteak sandwiches, fried pickles, funnel cakes and a variety of other festival fare. Beer and Silver Coast Winery varieties will also be available.
As in previous years, those attending are not allowed to bring coolers, alcohol or pets to the festival.
The schedule of entertainment is as follows:
- 11 a.m.–Jolly Mon Da DJ
- Noon–No Sleeves Magic
- 1 p.m.–Jolly Mon Da DJ
- 2 p.m.–The Cut (90s pop rock)
- 4 p.m.–Jolly Mon Da DJ
- 4:30 p.m.–Pleasure Island Dance Co.
- 5 p.m.–South of K (bluegrass)
The Kure Beach Street Festival kicks off the start of the town’s busy schedule of family friendly offerings, including:
- Boogie in the Park Concert Series, featuring free live music from 5-7 p.m. the first and third Sundays of the month from May through October. Those attending should bring a beach chair or blanket.
- Up & Active!, an hour of music, games and fun healthy activities led by Lynne and the Wave. Held from 6-7 p.m;. Mondays, June 8 through Aug. 17 (with the exception of July 13) on the Ocean Front Park Lawn.
- Turtle Talks, a weekly educational program from the Pleasure Island Sea Turtle Project. Runs from 7-8 p.m. each Monday, June 8 through Aug. 24.
- Kure Beach Market, offering locally grown produce and handcrafted goods from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays, June 9 through Sept. 1.
- Story Time by the Sea, featuring princesses and “fairy tale friends” for stories, crafts and games. Appropriate for girls and boys. Held 10-11:30 a.m. each Wednesday, June 11 through Aug. 27.
Click here for more information and a full schedule of events.